• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ukspeedcubes

UK Cubers?

Hi All, Im 3 weeks into cubing and hooked. Its bizzare really as Im a 40 year old and havent had a rubiks cube since they first came out in the 80's :eek:

Anyway after three weeks Im hitting a 2:20 average with a pb of 1:54 Ive just ordered a ZhanChi from Lubix to see if it can help speed things up. Im practicing finger tricks and I'll soon be learning F2L before progressing onwards and upwards.

Im also thinking of putting together a website and selling a few cubes etc. Anyone in the UK interested in buying cubes and getting them within a 2 day window for a reasonable price?

Hope to be back here soon as there loads of info

Cheers lads

UKSpeedCubes

ukspeedcubes

ZhanChi's white and black, Guhong's white and black, Witt Two's white, black and coloured (stickerless), replacement cores, replacement screws and springs, lube and stickers ordered :cool:

Whats everyones favourite type of lube? I'll stock different types if theres a demand?

Ive also requested that a sample timer is sent to me so I'll soon be stocking these too ;)

Mollerz

Swag Overlord
WCA
2011MOLL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ZhanChi's white and black, Guhong's white and black, Witt Two's white, black and coloured (stickerless), replacement cores, replacement screws and springs, lube and stickers ordered :cool:

Whats everyones favourite type of lube? I'll stock different types if theres a demand?

Ive also requested that a sample timer is sent to me so I'll soon be stocking these too ;)

Maru is very popular between UK Cubers, but I also think you should get Lubix in stock too.

Ralinda4

Lubix! It's be great to eliminate that delivery time.

ukspeedcubes

I'll get in touch with Lubix now and get some on order asap
I'll also get some Maru 3x3x3's in stock too

The cores, should I order Dayan or C4U ?

PS who's got the UK's fastest 3x3x3 single time? I'll send them a cube, you beat there 3x3x3 time and you can have one too. I'll also be sending other goodies to the fastest in the UK too :)

ukspeedcubes

Im not sure what make the skickers are but they have a Z on them? I have ordered standard colours and some sets with black instead of white for now.
I'll order the Marus as somebody has requested them.

I think I should be fully online with stock in about two weeks, Im just tweeking my store at the moment.

What kind of prices are you guys thinking of paying for Guhongs etc considering that you will have them postage free in about 2 days after order placement?

Last edited:

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
PS who's got the UK's fastest 3x3x3 single time? I'll send them a cube, you beat there 3x3x3 time and you can have one too. I'll also be sending other goodies to the fastest in the UK too :)

Robert Yau has the fastest official single, Breandan average iirc.

What kind of prices are you guys thinking of paying for Guhongs etc considering that you will have them postage free in about 2 days after order placement?

Uh. £10 reasonable? You stocking Guhong IIs?
Really excited about this store, I can't order from overseas you see...

Last edited:

ZincK_NOVA

WCA
2011OCON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not sure on the demand but you could think about stocking either shengshou 4x4,5x5 etc. or V-cubes. Also, Pyraminx(s? what is the plural of Pyraminx?) seem popular, at least to everybody I know in person (even some "non-cubers" find the Pyraminx really fun).
With Pyraminx, I wouldn't know what make to recommend. Maybe someone with more experience could recommend a good brand? I don't think there's a major difference but I could be wrong.