Page 299 of 386 FirstFirst ... 199 249 289 297 298 299 300 301 309 349 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3857

Thread: Non-Cubers say the darndest things!

WCA Profile
    2011JANE01
    YouTube
    CubingWorld

Quote Originally Posted by yoyokidify View Post
    My best friend asked me about my colored lunhui . He thought it was cheap and nasty fake because it didn't have stickers and it wrote dayan on it's logo. It took me ages for me to explain to him that dayan cubes are better(way better) than rubik's brands. And yet, he still thinks that i'm too cheap to buy rubik's brand cubes because they are pricier...
    LOL,well I guess I'm lucky then.Most of my friends from school do know the difference between good and bad cubes and brands.I just say like: This is Dayan,Alpha-V,F-II,...it turns fast,has great corner cutting,way better than Rubik's and stuff like that and my friends seem to get it all.
    3x3PB Single/AO5/AO12: 11.65/16.54/17.43
    Cube: Dayan Guhong

captured in a zhanchi cubie... in Germany

Quote Originally Posted by rubikmaster View Post
    LOL,well I guess I'm lucky then.Most of my friends from school do know the difference between good and bad cubes and brands.
    Same here nearly everyone in my class can solve the cube. I once started it and now loads of people of my school are walking around with a cube xD (not only in my class) But i'm still the fastest
    I love this forum :3 3x3 PBs: [7.13 single] [12.677 oh single] stats and PBs

WCA Profile
    2012VOGL01

Since it's showing up around the web, a whole host of kind folks on various non-cubing websites have been nice enough to explain that Marcell Endrey's 28.80 blindfold record is actually stupid, because there's an algorithm you can do that solves the cube no matter what its initial state is, so the blindfold doesn't even matter. Thanks for clearing that one up, guys!

YouTube
    Jayceeblaster

Quote Originally Posted by evogler View Post
    there's an algorithm you can do that solves the cube no matter what its initial state is,
    Hamiltonian circuit
    3x3: 9.05/12.54/12.99/14.63. 4x4: 44.23/53.50/55.32/59:45. 3BLD: 1:21.72[35.53].
    The most effective way to punish trolls. WARNING: Do not click if epileptic.

WCA Profile
    2012VOGL01

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
    Hamiltonian circuit
    Totally. You'd still have to know when to stop though.

WCA Profile
    2011MERT03
    YouTube
    Ickathu

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
    Hamiltonian circuit
    I was thinking Devil's algorithm, are they the same?
    Choose your method.
    "If you get on a see-saw, be prepared to go up and down." ~Alex Mertz

WCA Profile
    2008VELJ01
    YouTube
    sv00013

Quote Originally Posted by Ickathu View Post
    I was thinking Devil's algorithm, are they the same?
    Yes.
    The wiki! read the FAQ and forum rules. Very useful resources. Post your efforts. Solve blindfolded. Introduce yourself! BB code - Compete! - Ask a question!

WCA Profile
    2011LOWR01

I was talking with some kids about cubing in school today. The topic of learning how to solve the cube came up, and people said they didn't have the patience or time to learn. I told them that it really only takes a few hours to get a beginner's method down. Then this one kid says:
    "I once looked up how to solve a cube, but there's like a ton of logarithms that you have to learn!"
    —No wonder why people think it takes math to solve a cube

WCA Profile
    2008VELJ01
    YouTube
    sv00013

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
    I was talking with some kids about cubing in school today. The topic of learning how to solve the cube came up, and people said they didn't have the patience or time to learn. I told them that it really only takes a few hours to get a beginner's method down. Then this one kid says:
    "I once looked up how to solve a cube, but there's like a ton of logarithms that you have to learn!"
    —No wonder why people think it takes math to solve a cube
    Wow, logarithms. There is quite a lot of math behind the Rubik's cube but non-cubers don't understand that you do not need any of that math to actually solve the cube.
    The wiki! read the FAQ and forum rules. Very useful resources. Post your efforts. Solve blindfolded. Introduce yourself! BB code - Compete! - Ask a question!

WCA Profile
    2008SHEF01
    YouTube
    HadleyDGRC

One of my friends was messing around with my cube, and asked if I could solve it from where it was. I told him that I can solve it from every position. His quote, "How many positions can you peel the stickers off from?"
    <Hadley> just telling myself odds are someone was shot
    <aronpm> sweet!