Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cubing Competition

YouTube
    SkilfulPenguin

Default Cubing Competition

Hello, everyone This is my first post here, so forgive me if I posted it in the wrong spot. I am well aware the World Cube Association arranges the cubing competitions, but is there any way to persuade the location? I would love to go to a competition and a few of my friends would too. However the closest competition we have ever seen is Atlanta, Georgia. We were hoping for Central - Southern Florida. Most of us don't have access to plane tickets just to cube. If anyone knows if there is going to be a competition in Florida or likes the idea. Let Me Know. and if you live in the Southern Florida area let me know we have local competitions, (like 20 people nothing major) but its fun.

Thanks

SkilfulPenguin

WCA Profile
    2009MCCA01

You can organize a competition yourself if you really want to, meaning YOU get to pick the location. All you need is to get it approved by the WCA and make sure a delegate is in attendance. There may be more to it, but I'm not really an expert in that field.

WCA Profile
    2007LOGA01
    CubingUSA.com - Find other cubers, be notified of upcoming competitions, and more.

statue
    WCA Profile
    2008KORI02
    YouTube
    StachuK1992

If you want to organize a competition, compete first, or you'll have no idea what's happening. That's foremost.

To organize my competition, I had to print about 50+ pages, spend a few hours filling them in, get food(breakfast and lunch), work with money, and slap some people for not knowing the rules. Might sound easy, but trust me, a lot of it is dull, tedious work.

YouTube
    blackened0corruption

Quote Originally Posted by Stachuk1992 View Post
    If you want to organize a competition, compete first, or you'll have no idea what's happening. That's foremost.

To organize my competition, I had to print about 50+ pages, spend a few hours filling them in, get food(breakfast and lunch), work with money, and slap some people for not knowing the rules. Might sound easy, but trust me, a lot of it is dull, tedious work.
    Well, I don't know, I don't consider slapping people dull or tedious. Maybe I'll try organizing. Unfortunately, I've never gone to a competition, and I don't know if there will every be one close to St. Louis again after MO open.
    If con is the opposite of pro, then what's the opposite of progress?

statue
    WCA Profile
    2008KORI02
    YouTube
    StachuK1992

Quote Originally Posted by endless_akatsuki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stachuk1992 View Post

Well, I don't know, I don't consider slapping people dull or tedious. Maybe I'll try organizing. Unfortunately, I've never gone to a competition, and I don't know if there will every be one close to St. Louis again after MO open.
    No. Go to a competition before you organize one.

YouTube
    SkilfulPenguin

Thanks for the speedy responses, that website gives some good insight, I don't feel I'm in the right position to organize a competition just yet. However I'd love to attend one do you any of you know of one happening in Central - Southern Florida? Southern preferibably

hey im in south florida to so if u know of any let me now im in coral springs so yeah i been looking for cubes but none here let me know

Hello, i'm new, but are an experienced cuber. I do live in florida, ocala, and it seems that maybe with some hard work and timming we could make a compitition here!

WCA Profile
    2011GROG02
    YouTube
    TheZenith724

New bump record?
    Personal Records (1/5/12/100)
    2x2: 0.62/2.50/2.79/3.37 | 3x3: 7.29/9.39/10.12/10.78 | OH: 14.84/17.73 | 4x4: 30.26/36.91