• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Comic thread

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
duck_lightsaber.gif

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

DcF1337

Hmmm...
So Rebels use Roux, Real men use Petrus, Clones use Fridrich, and Cool people use MGLS. Who use other methods?
AVG uses keyhole

What does the clone of a cool guy who's a bit of a rebel use?

ZZ?

LOL ownage.

Personally I think that people who make such statements are just insecure about the fact that they use a different method than most others. So they need to make a statement that makes them feel like a big deal. :p

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
WR holders use Fridrich. kthxbai.
Lame; did not answer the question.

AVG uses keyhole
Good answer. :D

What does the clone of a cool guy who's a bit of a rebel use?
ZZ?
Salvia with MGLS?

Does that mean that EJF2L users are Real Cool Men?
Real men who are partial cool.

Shelley is Queen of the cubing world.
No one likes monarchies. She's obviously the clone of the WR holder.

Personally I think that people who make such statements are just insecure about the fact that they use a different method than most others. So they need to make a statement that makes them feel like a big deal.
Why be so serious?

New questions:
What method does Per use for FMC?
What method does Guus use for FMC?
Who use the Triangular Fransisco method?
(Looking for fun and insightful answers. See AVG and Neroflux's previous responses.)

Last edited:

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
Really, this [group] uses [method] crap is getting out of hand. The whole "Rebels use Roux" thing was dumb anyway. Use a method because it's good and because you like it, not because you want to be "different." And if you are different, good for you, no need to get obnoxious about it. The end result is the same for everyone anyway: a solved cube. We don't need all this divisiveness.

Now shut up before I add "CRUSH THE REBELLION: We all end up with a solved cube anyway" to my sig.

Last edited:

Rama

WCA
2006TEMM01
Really, this [group] uses [method] crap is getting out of hand. The whole "Rebels use Roux" thing was dumb anyway. Use a method because it's good and because you like it, not because you want to be "different." And if you are different, good for you, no need to get obnoxious about it. The end result is the same for everyone anyway: a solved cube. We don't need all this divisiveness.

Now shut up before I add "CRUSH THE REBELLION: We all end up with a solved cube anyway" to my sig.

We should learn from history, what would Napoleon Bonaparte do against rebels?

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I agree, using a different method is not something to go around being proud of and pointing out to everyone you meet. There is nothing to be gained from using a method just because it is cool or popular.

waffle=ijm

Waffo
WCA
2008MANA02
YouTube
Visit Channel

I didn't intend for that to start. Sorry if that caused some annoyance here. I was only upset that Ethan Rosen used my picture without my permission. Then everything went haywire from there. I didn't want anyone to start making up "this [group] uses [method]" stuff and, in addition, I only made the banner since I got bored. And I'd thought it would be nice for a method like Roux to be more well known in the community and receive as much credit as Fridrich or Petrus or any method. If people continue to get upset, I will gladly remove all my "rebellion propaganda" and encourage that people (and I include myself if you see fit) to be less obnoxious about a certain method. However, please note that I cannot force others to stop proclaiming the "Roux Rebellion" and other miscellaneous groups. But I would also appreciate not giving so much credit to a certain method. And if you think I give a lot of credit to Roux then I apologize, but I like this method and I believe in its potential. In my honest opinion, methods like fridrich, petrus, roux, ZZ and other advanced methods have the potential to equal each other. and as mentioned by shelley, we all end up with a solved cube anyway. So I apologize for the annoyance caused by my banner and anything else that I did to cause this.

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
encourage that people (and I include myself if you see fit) to be less obnoxious about a certain method.

Please do. There are far less annoying ways to increase awareness of alternate methods than proclaiming yourself a "rebel" and putting down others, many of whom do know about Roux and choose not to use it.

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel

I didn't intend for that to start. Sorry if that caused some annoyance here. I was only upset that Ethan Rosen used my picture without my permission. Then everything went haywire from there. I didn't want anyone to start making up "this [group] uses [method]" stuff and, in addition, I only made the banner since I got bored. And I'd thought it would be nice for a method like Roux to be more well known in the community and receive as much credit as Fridrich or Petrus or any method. If people continue to get upset, I will gladly remove all my "rebellion propaganda" and encourage that people (and I include myself if you see fit) to be less obnoxious about a certain method. However, please note that I cannot force others to stop proclaiming the "Roux Rebellion" and other miscellaneous groups. But I would also appreciate not giving so much credit to a certain method. And if you think I give a lot of credit to Roux then I apologize, but I like this method and I believe in its potential. In my honest opinion, methods like fridrich, petrus, roux, ZZ and other advanced methods have the potential to equal each other. and as mentioned by shelley, we all end up with a solved cube anyway. So I apologize for the annoyance caused by my banner and anything else that I did to cause this.
It's all good.
Live long and prosper, fellow cubers, and use whatever method you feel meets your personality.
new sig.