Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Printable Rubik's Cube Guides (PDFs for 2x2x2 - 5x5x5)

Default Lefties...

Great!

A couple of hours and a decent headache later, the "translation" is over - I have used "andy-klise-3x3x3-speedcubing-guide-v4.pdf" as a starting point.

The algs are packed in the same order, let's hope no mistakes are made during the process.

Text files containing both left-hand and right-hand based algs are sent over to Andy. His full-blown release is due in about a month or so.

Thanks again, Andy.
    Last edited by kappa011; 02-13-2012 at 10:54 AM.

WCA Profile
    2010RAOA01
    YouTube
    TheAce0

Hey Andy, I need to make a few guides of my own. I'm planning on conducting cubin workshops out here. Could you tell me how you generated the OLL and PLL images? I'm having quite a hard time with iCube as well :/
    Don't know which cube to get? THIS THREAD might help you choose! | I also fabricate Personalized Cubing T-Shirts! | My YouTube Channel: TheAce0

YouTube
    ThomasJECubing

Quote Originally Posted by theace View Post
    Hey Andy, I need to make a few guides of my own. I'm planning on conducting cubin workshops out here. Could you tell me how you generated the OLL and PLL images? I'm having quite a hard time with iCube as well :/
    Try VisualCube. That looks quite useful, but I think you need Winzip or something simular installed to be able to use it.
    (1/5/12) 3x3x3 - 11.88/15.61/16.65 | 4x4x4 - 1:08.10/1:18.46/1:23.41 | 2x2x2 - 1.01/3.70/4.59
    All PB's | My Website | Substep Competition | ZZ and proud :D | Weilong!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJE View Post
    Try VisualCube. That looks quite useful, but I think you need Winzip or something simular installed to be able to use it.
    Yeah, visualcube is the best cube generator. You actually don't have to use anything other than your browser to generate the cubes however, it runs all through a simple URL. Just start with
    Code:
    http://cube.crider.co.uk/visualcube.php?size=150&pzl=3
    and then construct your cube using the parameters at the bottom of the VisualCube page
    Look Ma, I'm a psychiatrist!
    Check out my PDF Rubik's cube guides at kungfoomanchu.com or log your times with gqTimer

Wondering when you will make the M2/3OP printable sheets. Looking forward to them. If possible, could you include memo techniques?

Quote Originally Posted by 4th dimension (time) View Post
    Wondering when you will make the M2/3OP printable sheets. Looking forward to them. If possible, could you include memo techniques?
    Alrighty, the M2/3OP guide is finally published! You can check it out here: http://www.kungfoomanchu.com/#333blindfold. The guide is meant to help you learn the basic memorization, algorithms and setup moves required for M2/3OP. It is NOT meant for people that do not already know how to solve the Rubik's cube blindfolded or are not familiar with the basic concepts of M2/3OP. To get a primer for M2/3OP, please check out either Eric Limeback's videos or Thrawst's videos and then come back to my guide which should help you memorize all the concepts and algorithms required for M2/3OP. I also created a second part of the guide, which is just 4 walkthrough solves. I hope there aren't any errors but please send me a private message if you find any.

As an extra bonus, I now have a lefty version of my 3x3x3 speedcubing guide thanks to the help of kappa011. You can check it out here: http://www.kungfoomanchu.com/#333speedcubing
    Last edited by AndyK; 03-29-2012 at 04:39 AM.
    Check out my PDF Rubik's cube guides at kungfoomanchu.com or log your times with gqTimer

Amazing. Comprehensive. And most of all simple. I really like that these guides are organized in complete pages. Information is beautifully fitted onto these pages make these the best guides! They are the cleanest way to move algorithms from the internet onto paper.

YouTube
    ThomasJECubing

Quite like the Pyraminx Keyhole method sheet; I'm learning from that. I've been looking to switch from LBL, so it's great timing.
    (1/5/12) 3x3x3 - 11.88/15.61/16.65 | 4x4x4 - 1:08.10/1:18.46/1:23.41 | 2x2x2 - 1.01/3.70/4.59
    All PB's | My Website | Substep Competition | ZZ and proud :D | Weilong!

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Amazing. Comprehensive. And most of all simple. I really like that these guides are organized in complete pages. Information is beautifully fitted onto these pages make these the best guides! They are the cleanest way to move algorithms from the internet onto paper.
    Thanks man, best comment I've gotten yet

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJE View Post
    Quite like the Pyraminx Keyhole method sheet; I'm learning from that. I've been looking to switch from LBL, so it's great timing.
    Glad you like it, I experimented with the look of those cubes and gave them a little bit more fun design

Heya AndyK!
    This going to be about something i noticed on the oll sheet for 3x3.

The oll algorithm for this one is switched. I have an older version saved from awhile back and I see that you rearranged the oll to be more spatially intuitive( looks better to me now ). But just for the P-Shapes the old version made sense compared to this new one. Just as a suggestion :0, maybe try the old version? i like the rest this newer arrangement though like the I shapes. Thanks again!
    Last edited by lex; 04-21-2012 at 02:20 AM.