• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Method Sub-forum?

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Could we have a sub-forum for methods (as in for solving puzzles), for discussing methods (improving methods, method ideas, etc.)?

EDIT: I used the word 'method' a bit too much... oh well...

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
" Speedcubing (14 Viewing)
General discussion about speedsolving the Rubik's Cube and other twisty puzzles. Discuss new algorithms, methods, share your records, keep each other updated with the latest speedcubing news. "

Do you really think this isn't enough, because I would certainly have to disagree.

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Robert, I actually think that this is a great idea, which is why I sent you and pjk the following:
"After reading Robert's thread entitled "Method Sub-Forum," I started to think about the possibilities of such a sub-forum. I think that the way he was thinking about organizing this is alright, and I understand your thoughts about the wiki and such, but hear me out.

I believe, whether under "speedsolving" or in its own section altogether, that we should have a thread for each individual method.

For instance, we would have individual threads for:
LBL, Fridrich, Petrus, Roux, Waterman, Heise, edges-first :)P) etc.

Because of the fact that there are only so many methods, (keep in mind non-3x3 puzzles, however), there would be less clutter for such discussions.:D
Because of this, there would only have to be so many threads, and discussion of such methods could be very organized. Instead of there being about 100 nooby threads entitled "F2L (help)," help on such a subject could be asked in a thread entitled: "3x3x3 Fridrich Method Discussion"

In addition to 3x3 methods, of course, we (the posters) could expand this into other puzzles, such as BLD methods, Pyraminx, 2x2, etc.

Sure, we may have the wiki, but not all of the members, newcomers especially
a) would post anything there helpful to others, and
b) would even know that the wiki existed

I really believe that this would help the forum, and would especially help the mods, not having to deal with countless "F2L" and "CLL+ELL vs. OLL+PLL" threads.

Please consider this, as it may help the cubing community altogether.

Sincerely,
Stachu Korick"

Chuberchuckee

A sub sub forum for every method? How many would you need?

3x3: LBL, Fridrich, Petrus, Roux, Waterman, Heise, etc.

Blindfolded: Pochmann, 3OP, TuRBo, M2/R2, Freestyle, etc.

Big cubes: reduction, k4, cage, etc.

There are so many methods that it would just clutter up the forums and confuse new members.

*LukeMayn*

WCA
2009MAYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A sub sub forum for every method? How many would you need?

3x3: LBL, Fridrich, Petrus, Roux, Waterman, Heise, etc.

Blindfolded: Pochmann, 3OP, TuRBo, M2/R2, Freestyle, etc.

Big cubes: reduction, k4, cage, etc.

There are so many methods that it would just clutter up the forums and confuse new members.

you know at the top of the hardware section it has BST...
at the top of speedsolving, why can't it have methods, then in methods it has
THIS IS HOW IT WOULD BE LAYED OUT said:
3x3x3
Roux
Fridrich
Petrus
Heise
ZZ etc.

4x4x4
K4
Reduction

5x5x5
K5?
Reduction

etc.

and then in the BLD section, have the same but with BLD methods :/

I agree with Chuberchuckee.

You shouldn't ;)

maybe a whole new section for this? that way newcomers wont be totally confused.

Muahaha!!! I like how you think!!!

Last edited:

Cloud_9ine

just a sub forum for methods, and sub subs (if possible) for puzzle then threads about methods onyl stuff for the puzzle.

JLarsen

Premium Member
WCA
2009LARS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
just a sub forum for methods, and sub subs (if possible) for puzzle then threads about methods onyl stuff for the puzzle.

Check out that layout here; http://puzzleproz.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=14&sid=cb7de9c19a90a5d0f9fc9188261e2b51

It seems really uneeded and there's like a sub forum for every single little subject in existance. There's type A, B C, D, blah blah, there's a forum for Petrus, Fridrich, Roux, there's even sub forums for making a speed cube, and a sub forum for; Breaking-In The Cube, Using Washers / Filing The Springs, Adjusting Spring Tension, Lubrication, Misc. I'm just saying I don't want something like that here, it's so cluttered.

Cloud_9ine

well heres how i want it to be, i wasn't quite clear.

Speedsolving -> Methods Sub-forum -> Puzzles sub-sub-forums -> Threads with methods for the puzzle

Last edited:

Cloud_9ine

well lets simulate here:

Speedsolving -> Methods -> 3x3 -> Stikied Thread of Frid with description and links.
More similar threads on other methods.

Then normal threads about 3x3 methods.

Cloud_9ine

yea but having a defined area for methods per puzzle would decrease clutte a good lot but isnt over kill like pp.