• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is the difference between PP and PVC Stickers

hr.mohr

WCA
2007CHRI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know two different types of stickers: Vinyl and paper with plastic film.

Vinyl are the type sold by cubesmith.com and the other type are the stickers used on store bought cubes.

The short answer is: cubesmith stickers rule all and are cheap!

PeemPB

WCA
2009BUMR01
I know two different types of stickers: Vinyl and paper with plastic film.

Vinyl are the type sold by cubesmith.com and the other type are the stickers used on store bought cubes.

The short answer is: cubesmith stickers rule all and are cheap!

Thanks a lot !!!

chimpzi

do cubesmith stickers or vinyl fade?..
or they just tear apart like reflectorized stickers?..

i dont have vinyl stickers so i use reflectorized stickers.
vinyl and pvc are not available in our locality..

Ton

WCA
2003DENN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Vinyl and PVC is toxic for children,,, if they are licking numerous time on the sticker

This is some EU law, that assumes children would lick all day on a cube, to comply EU law the Rubik's cube has paper based stickers, that will not last long if you are speedcubing

In any case do not lick on your cube :D

blgentry

I'd guess that PP stickers are similar to PVC ones, but I have no experience with PP stickers. Google searches turned up that PP bumper stickers fade badly when used outdoors, but that probably doesn't matter much for this application.

More importantly, I find PVC stickers to not be durable enough for my cubing style. My (reasonably short) finger nails just shred them. They don't get all messed up like the factory paper/plastic stickers, but I do slice corners off of them frequently, so they don't look very nice.

My cubesmith tiles though, are awesome. My fingernail kung fu isn't strong enough to even leave a mark on the tiles. :p

Other people don't seem to have a problem with stickers and their cubes stay nice. I'm just reporting on what happens with me and PVC stickers.

Brian.

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Vinyl and PVC is toxic for children,,, if they are licking numerous time on the sticker

This is some EU law, that assumes children would lick all day on a cube, to comply EU law the Rubik's cube has paper based stickers, that will not last long if you are speedcubing

In any case do not lick on your cube :D

I think we should make the representatives who wrote that law lick a few cubes.

Last edited:
WCA
2009JOHN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Cubesmith stickers are slightly more durable than the Rubiks.com stickers, which are in turn more durable than the laminated paper stickers of store bought cubes. The way they eventually fail is not so much that the color degrades, but the corners and edges curl up and get chipped or ripped. Tiles last virtually forever.