• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Welcome to the Speedcubing Help section - READ BEFORE POSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joël

WCA
2004NOOR01
Welcome to the Speedcubing Help section

There is a vast amount of information all over this forum. If this is your first time here, there is a good chance what you're about to ask has already been asked and answered. While the community is here to help you, we want to avoid redundant questions. This can be done by a) searching prior to posting, and/or b) browsing before posting. To help with this, please browse the following pages prior to creating a thread:

Frequently Asked Questions

Introduction to Speedcubing For Beginners

Beginner's Guide to Choosing a Speedsolving Method

Cubing Resource Thread

How to Practice

Where to Buy Cubes Thread

Last edited by a moderator:

JU1CYFRU1T

The link for abbreviations doesn't work anymore. It's the link that expains what CFOP, ZBLL and the like (the only thing I don't understand). Your post is linked to cubefreak.hp... but the link is redirected to cubefreak.net

The correct link should be: http://www.cubefreak.net/glossary.html

Thanks,
Jon

*edit*
There are a few dead links...
Some useful links

Speedcubing Tips
I think these are the most important things you should know if you want to get into speedcubing.
Does anyone know where I can 'get this info'?

Last edited:

Silver J

hey, im new to cubing aswell, my cube will not "pop" will that effect my cubes preformance and speed.

3x3x3-best:1min 31secs
-average: 1min 54secs

thx

genwin

any other sites that offer a guide on BLD?? i'm learning BLD from pjk's site... just looking for other guides and examples....

Skoberget

I just recently (yesterday) began to try and solve the cube and did it for the first time yesterday using just a few simple algorithms in roughly 4,5 min..
After looking through several different sites I really liked the way Cubestations site looked and started to follow their beginners way and later going for Friedrich but today the site is not up.. just wondering if anyone knows what has happened to it?

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just recently (yesterday) began to try and solve the cube and did it for the first time yesterday using just a few simple algorithms in roughly 4,5 min..
After looking through several different sites I really liked the way Cubestations site looked and started to follow their beginners way and later going for Friedrich but today the site is not up.. just wondering if anyone knows what has happened to it?
http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6010
Dan Harris didn't pay his website bill....

Emblem62

hey i need some tips on finger tricks and btw im new here and so far i love the site. its really awesom. i have a personal best of 43 seconds and i know, it can be much better. i know two look pll and oll for fredrich and i know the intuitive f2l for fredrick. i know petrus and im learning roux (if anyone has any information on roux besides his website or can explain the steps from orienting the last edges to the end, that would be greatly appreciated. his website helped tremendously however it hasnt helped too much on the edges orientation.) please please please help i could use some finger trick tips or even any method suggestion thanks. :)

Splatah King

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello i just joined this site like it so far but i have 2 question really quick. #1 What is the Best DIY i can buy with a budget of 20 bucks. #2 what is teh best tiles megaminx i can buy? with no budget?

I know the beginners method along with fredrick and i know 2look OLL and PLL's i do however know 1 case for Full OLL..... yeah. my personal best is ~45 seconds. I have solved 1 in 19 seconds before but it wasnt that screwed up so i dont count it.

Any help would be great with the questions.
Thanks.

Unfunnyman

i get 1:30 averageand cant seem to get faster i tried petrus fridrich roux watermans zz zb but none help me get faster any help me?

ChromisElda

i get 1:30 averageand cant seem to get faster i tried petrus fridrich roux watermans zz zb but none help me get faster any help me?

try sticking to just method and practise at it for a few weeks, you'll be amazed at the drop in time.

I started with a time of around 1:20 for Fridrich, a month later and I was already down to about 50seconds.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I seriously doubt that you tried ZB (hundreds of algorithms)
But without more information we can't help you

What method do you use?
How much time does every step take you?
How long have you been cubing?
How many tps can you do?
How many algs do you know?
How good is your look-ahead?
Where is the video that shows us a normal solve of yours?

Nukoca

Hello i just joined this site like it so far but i have 2 question really quick. #1 What is the Best DIY i can buy with a budget of 20 bucks. #2 what is teh best tiles megaminx i can buy? with no budget?

I know the beginners method along with fredrick and i know 2look OLL and PLL's i do however know 1 case for Full OLL..... yeah. my personal best is ~45 seconds. I have solved 1 in 19 seconds before but it wasnt that screwed up so i dont count it.

Any help would be great with the questions.
Thanks.
Try http://www.cube4you.com

Status
Not open for further replies.