• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Online Timer

Scott

I have taken the liberty of hosting a timer for us to use. This timer is pure awesome, in fact some of you may already know about this timer.

Our timer is located here.
You may register an account for the timer here.

Enjoy everyone. Lets see some nice solves!

Richard

hmm, for the timer, i created an account, but when i tried to log in it said user/pass didn't match, i then proceeded to make another account, i thought i may have accidently hit a button i didn't mean to on the pass, but the second one i made had the same problem...

tj9991

http://timer.tj9991.com/

(Or http://www.tj9991.com/timer/ if you prefer)

The timer seems to be down half the time I try to visit it, so I set up a mirror, and I have close to 100% uptime.

Also, if you want to do a quick time of yourself without worrying about saving the results, log in as 'guest' with the password 'guest'.

Theres a scramble generator on the page as well.

Planned features:
  • Scramble support for other puzzles
  • <s>Scramble generator resets when you stop the timer</s> Done.
  • <s>Length of scramble is a user setting</s> Done.
  • <s>Scramble being visible is a user setting</s> Done.

Me

WCA
2006WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey great timer, i use it at school a lot cause the comuters don't have Java or Flash on them so i have to find timers that don't use those apps. Anyway, just theres one little bug with the scrambler generator, it will do a series of moves that are oppasite like L R' L' or U' D' U and such that cancel eachother out so that it is equal to one move. So beware of the scrambler if when you use it.

KJiptner

WCA
2007JIPT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
thanks a lot! i've been looking for a good timer for a while. this one is simply amazing with its records database and dynamic average calculating. it's in fact a real nice thing, that it can do everything... mean of 3, avg of 5 or avg of 12...and has all the "standard" puzzle types or competions.

i love it.

Cubinator

Do you think we could delete times? I accidentally saved an inaccurate time (somehow, I held down spacebar without noticing it, causing the timer to be paused and saved). Other than that, I like it!

By the way, first post!

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I haven't seen Scott around here recently. However, if you go to strangepuzzle.com , click on tools, and download the JNetTimer, you can time anything, remove, etc. Good luck.

pyrotek7x7

This is cool. A lot better than starting an alarm at 10:00, and then finding out how much time went by by seeing how close it was to 0...

gn17

Personally, I use the online timer a lot more often than JNetCube since I like how it saves all of my records. All the way back to my horrible 75-second averages. It's kinda nice to see how you progress.

Not to say JNetCube is a bad timer, though. It has a lot more features than the online timer, so I really like it. I just use it for my entries in contests, though, since I like to keep records of all of my sessions.