• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Big Cubes Edges

ExoCorsair

WCA
2007CHOI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was wondering, since this is my personal slowest part of both the 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 cube (50 seconds, 90 seconds, respectively), if taking it slowly would help.

I was thinking that this would similar to taking F2l on a 3x3 slowly and then speeding it up over time... but is it really?

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I always had (and sometimes have) trouble with the edges for bigger cubes. I solve a 4x4 now like: do the centers as quick as I can (no slow and look ahead), then go realy slow and smooth for pair up and make sure you don't have big delays and then do the 3x3 part very fast again.
If one would do this on 3x3 like: do cross very fast, go realy slow and smooth on F2L and then do LL as fast as you can you'd only be a second or 1/2 slower and sometimes even faster.