• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Non-lucky 9.63, VERY easy scramble

H

hdskull

Wow, was that like a 1 move cross ? ahha, I've got to try this.

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
lol actually it was a 3 move x-cross. i do the 3 moves as i pick up the cube, so my cheap webcam doesn't pick them up.
i actually went back and figured out the solution i used:
scramble:R' U' R2 F2 R L2 D2 R U' L' F2 L' R2 B' R' F B' R' D2 F' B2 R' L D' B
x-cross:x2 y' U R' U' (3)
F2L 2:z' x2 R U' R U (4)
F2L 3:x' R2 U' R2 U R U' R' U (8)
F2L 4:R' x' U' R U R' U' R' U (7)
OLL: z y R U2 R' U' R U R' U' R U' R' (11)
PLL: y R2 U R U R' U' R' U' R' U R' (11)
total moves: 44 44/9.63=4.57 tps

Last edited:

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow - my first ever sub-20, lucky or non-lucky: 19.42. And I did it without warming up! So that's what sub-20 feels like! :)

I hadn't read any of the comments in the thread when I tried it, so I actually didn't realize that the cross was an X-cross; I inserted the third pair and realized I was done, so I saw it as a skip of a CE pair (actually I had done the X-cross without realizing it). So it was technically lucky for me.

Seriously, no matter how lucky the scramble was, that's just amazing for me! Thanks for this scramble!

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow - my first ever sub-20, lucky or non-lucky: 19.42. And I did it without warming up! So that's what sub-20 feels like! :)

I hadn't read any of the comments in the thread when I tried it, so I actually didn't realize that the cross was an X-cross; I inserted the third pair and realized I was done, so I saw it as a skip of a CE pair (actually I had done the X-cross without realizing it). So it was technically lucky for me.

Seriously, no matter how lucky the scramble was, that's just amazing for me! Thanks for this scramble!

you're quite welcome. it feels awesome doesn't it?

Where'd you get a black stackmat timer? Plus it's got cool lights under the buttons.

and

LOL, my first ever sub 30. New "PB" of 26.28 on that scramble.

EDIT: And yeah, i like the mods you did to that timer.

i got it at on clearance at Target. it was USD$10, originally $20. its part of the "glow-in-the-dark stackpack," so it came with cups and a mat. however it does not have a competition port so i can't plug it in to my computer. i would still recommend one if you can find one for $10-20 like i did.

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I guess I'll try this later. Knowing if the scramble is easy usually screw up my times. If I hadn't know this is lucky, I'll probably get sub-15, but knowing it is, I'll probably pop and get 30+ seconds.

H

hdskull

x-cross: y D R' D'
2nd pair: y' U' R U' R' L U' L'
3rd pair: y U L' U L U' L' U L
4th pair: U' L U L'
OLL: y R' U' R x' z' R U' R' F R U R'
PLL: x U R2 U' R' U' R U R U R U' R