• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What cubes can you buy in china?

A

andrewvo1324

My friend is going to china and hopefully finding cubes that will be cheaper there. But still Brand name.

Do they have diy cubes In stores therE?

also do they have rubiks brand cubes there? and whats the cost?

And what stores carry them thanks

A

andrewvo1324

My friend is going to china and hopefully finding cubes that will be cheaper there. But still Brand name.

Do they have diy cubes In stores therE?

also do they have rubiks brand cubes there? and whats the cost?

And what stores carry them thanks

I need a answer pretty quick as he is leaving tonight. and we wont get contact for a while

A

andrewvo1324

36doug - I don't know where to tell him to go thats why i made this thread. so your post is to general for any help.

davegocube- ????no clue waht your saying

Well guys i got 5 hours till he leaves so please help!

A

andrewvo1324

oh okay haha.

Man i need answers he's leaving in a few hours D:

Please answer thanks in advance

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can't get crap in China in stores. 100Rmb cubes are unheard of. Only 3rmb springless cubes with durable tiles that suck badly. Good luck finding a nice cube. I'll be amazed. I would buy a few of these crap cubes just for using the tiles (whole thing is cheaper than cubesmith tiles). And glue a few together for a fun mod. That is all.
Unless you go to the Eastsheen factory or cube4you store or something, but I have no clue where that is.

No one knows what is a rubik's cube.
it is the Magic cube (Pronounced something like "more fun" mo fang)

Last edited:
A

andrewvo1324

how much is 3rmb in usd?

cause that sound like less then 2 usd and thats unbelieveable?

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
3rmb is like 40 cents. $1=7rmb or so.
When I was there a few years ago, it was like 2 rmb and the exchange rate was $1=8.25 rmb.
last year, it was 3rmb, but it varies greatly by region. Even if you go somewhere expensive, it should be no more than 10 rmb. you can probably get it for less than 1rmb still somewhere where everyone's really poor.

Last edited:
A

andrewvo1324

3rmb is like 40 cents. $1=7rmb or so.
When I was there a few years ago, it was like 2 rmb and the exchange rate was $1=8.25 rmb.
last year, it was 3rmb, but it varies greatly by region. Even if you go somewhere expensive, it should be no more than 10 rmb. you can probably get it for less than 1rmb still somewhere where everyone's really poor.

40 cent cubes lol?

Wow probly like like 10$ worth.

A

andrewvo1324

Sorry for double post but he is also going to stop in tokyo japan airport for like 30 mins you think the gift shop in there will carry any quality cubes?

he is going all over china. for a month

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Where are you going in China? I was at Xi'an.
If you go to Shanghai or Hong Kong. Things are supposed to be more expensive.

I highly doubt airports to have cubes. You can check if you like.

A

andrewvo1324

Where are you going in China? I was at Xi'an.
If you go to Shanghai or Hong Kong. Things are supposed to be more expensive.

I highly doubt airports to have cubes. You can check if you like.

he is going all over china. for a month. And im not going a friend is. Well thanks for your help i hope he finds something.

guusrs

WCA
1982RAZO01
Hi guys,

Last week I bought an very-cheap-looking fake-cube on a Chinese market in the Netherlands. Instead of sticker 3mm thick hard plastic covers are attached, probably with a clicking mechanisme. It was prices only 1 euro (aprox $1.55)
I still got it wrapped in plastic tagged with a label saying "made in China"
I think it will not survive more than 10 minutes when I use it.

Guus

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I had a cube with 3mm thick tiles once that Brian Odom gave to me. It was almost impossible to turn. I tried to take it apart once (I was going to try to lube it), and the pieces cracked badly so that it was useless, so I threw it away. (So I can't take a picture of the 3mm tiles.) But I definitely remember them being that big - they were hollow pieces of plastic, flat on one side and rounded on the other side, and the flat side was glued onto the surface of the cube. (A couple of them fell off before I broke it entirely.)

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My grandparents are coming at about 15th this month. They are to bring me like 3 of these sucky cubes. I'll show you, though I can't seem to upload pictures on this site.