• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to do M...fast?

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
Depending on the algorithm, I trigger it by pushing on the BU sticker with my index finger, or I perform it as Rw' R.

JustinJ

Premium Member
WCA
2008JAFF01
The only algorithm I use it for is one of my U perms, and I do it by pushing up on DB with my ring finger. If I was doing a Roux solve or something, I'd probably do Rw' R or use my index finger on BU

blah

brah
I use my pinky to pull down on the FD edge/stickers.
youtube......or it didn't happen
What's so unbelievable about that? :confused: I can do that too...

----------

And for those who don't already know this (if you insist on doing R Rw' or Rw' R):
M U is smoother when performed as R Rw' U
M U' is smoother when performed as Rw' R U'

Reason: Clockwise moves followed by counterclockwise moves (or counterclockwise moves followed by clockwise moves) allows corner-cutting; clockwise moves followed by clockwise moves (or counterclockwise moves followed by counterclockwise moves) doesn't. This is a very intuitive rule that, for some strange reason, not many seem to know :eek: Now you know why you can do R U' R in one motion but not R U R :)

miniGOINGS

Ok guys, thanks, I've been using (Rw' R) or (R Rw') and was wondering if there was a faster way.

Last edited:

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

imaghost

YouTube
Visit Channel
I use my left ring finger or my right ring finger, but when doing M2 I use left ring and middle finger just like doing D2. And I am not left handed, but I do solve F2L with my left hand more often than right.

miniGOINGS

I use my left ring finger or my right ring finger, but when doing M2 I use left ring and middle finger just like doing D2. And I am not left handed, but I do solve F2L with my left hand more often than right.

I think you're thinking of M'.

imaghost

YouTube
Visit Channel

oops... yeah I am... I use the same thing as U2 with index and middle for M2 and just index for M.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

miniGOINGS

oops... yeah I am... I use the same thing as U2 with index and middle for M2 and just index for M.

How do you do M2 like U2? That doesn't make sense to me.