• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

1 Body Cubing 2018 (Colorado)

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I’m assuming this comp fell through or is being moved to a later date? The website should definitely be up by now
Welcome back @weatherman223. How was your trip?

I do not think that the comp has fallen through because (a) I was just talking to AJ the other day and he told me that he is organizing the 1 Body comp with Joel, and (b) I listed my Veterans Day comp much later then this one (there was only 24-27 days before the comp by the time listed it on the website), so I think that even if @Joel2274 does not list the comp until a week or so from now the comp will still happen.

With that being said, I am not positive on if the comp will still happen, so I will leave that for @Joel2274 to say.

Also, I do not see a 2nd annual Veterans Day Open comp happening:( For one reason AJ said that he is working on organizing a comp a week or so before I was planning on having mine, and also I have still to this day not heard anything from Daniel, so even if AJ did not for some reason have his comp I still could not have mine (unless AJ would delegate it, but he even told me that he will not be available around that time.)

I am a bit sad/annoyed that I cannot host the November comp, especially since I really enjoyed it last year, but I am now hoping to have a January comp, for early to mid January (providing I hear back from Daniel, or AJ can delegate it).

Last edited:

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Welcome back @weatherman223. How was your trip?

I do not think that the comp has fallen through because (a) I was just talking to AJ the other day and he told me that he is organizing the c 1 Body comp with Joel, and (b) I listed my Veterans Day comp much later then this one (there was only 24-27 days before the comp by the time listed it on the website), so I think that even if @Joel2274 does not list the comp until a week or so from now the comp will still happen.

With that being said, I am not positive on if the comp will still happen, so I will leave that for @Joel2274 to say.

Also, I do not see a 2nd annual Veterans Day Open comp happening:( For one reason AJ said that he is working on organizing a comp a week or so before I was planning on having mine, and also I have still to this day not heard anything from Daniel, so even if AJ did not for some reason have his comp I still could not have mine (unless AJ would delegate it, but he even told me that he will not be available around that time.)

I am a bit sad/annoyed that I cannot host the November comp, especially since I really enjoyed it last year, but I am now hoping to have a January comp, for early to mid January (providing I hear back from Daniel, or AJ can delegate it).

I’m still on it, I just caught a bit of cell service, ha.

That sucks the November comp might not happen, but I’m also not at the same time, November will be busy for my dad who would be out of town right after thanksgiving day.

About early January, Jordan is working on a small Denver comp for early January, so you should also probably wait until March or April.

(At the same time, I would love a nice small in town comp during the spring, my mom said that she would take me to a comp while dad is gone if it’s in town.)

Duncan Bannon

I doubt Ill go. Goals anyway:

Single/Average/Round

2x2- Sub 2/Sub3/Podium
3x3- Sub 13/Sub 17/ Make 2nd round
4x4- Sub 1/ Sub 1:10/Make finals... Maybe
OH- Sub 30/ Sub 35
Blind- Success
Skewb- Sub 6/ Sub 8/

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Goals for Pueblo Open 2018
3x3 - Sub 15 average sub 13 single
2x2 - Sub 5 average and sub 3 single - Additionally: Lose honorably to @Duncan Bannon;)
4x4 - Sub 1:00 average and sub 55 single
5x5 - Sub 1:50 average and sub 1:40 single
3x3 OH - Sub 30 average and sub 25 single
3x3 BLD - Sub 2:45 single and possibly get a mean - Additionally: Podium in 3x3 BLD
Skewb - Sub 6 average and sub 4 single - Additionally: Beat @weatherman223:) and Podium

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Now, here are my goals:

3x3: Sub 12 single, Sub 14 average, make finals as a mid seed.
2x2: Sub SR (1.6) single and a low 4 average, make finals, maybe steal 3rd place.
Also: Watch Duncan win 2 as me and cubeshepherd are left in the dust.
4x4: Sub 55 single (I have 1 at home) and a sub 1:05 average, maybe sub 1.
5x5: All I want is an average.
OH: Sub 22 single and Sub 26 average, try my everloving best to break overall PB and get third place.
BLD: I’m probably going to DNS blind but I guess if you want a goal, rush memo and magically get a sub 7:30 success.

Edit: Skewb: 2 sections, reasonable and ambitious.

Reasonable: Sub 3.8 single and sub 6 average, Podium.
Ambitious: Sub 3 NR single and sub 5 average, win. A bit ambitious but I think I can do it. Probably not NR.

*also beat cubeshepherd*

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Good luck everyone, can’t wait to meet you all there! I’ll most likely be on staff duties most of the day so you might see me around.
Same to you as well.

I think that I will also be staffing a bit for the day, so I am looking forward to that.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
Same to you @Duncan Bannon. Only 12-12 /12 hours away now until I get to the venue:)

Duncan Bannon

I doubt Ill go. Goals anyway:

Single/Average/Round

2x2- Sub 2/Sub3/Podium
3x3- Sub 13/Sub 17/ Make 2nd round
4x4- Sub 1/ Sub 1:10/Make finals... Maybe
OH- Sub 30/ Sub 35
Blind- Success
Skewb- Sub 6/ Sub 8/
2x2- No, Yes, Yes
3x3 - Yes, Yes, Yes
4x4- Yes, Yes, No
OH - Yes, Yes
Blind - No
Skewb- No, No

I got PB single and average in every event at this comp, not blind if you count that. My favorite comp by far and it was a pleasure to meet @cubeshepherd and @weatherman223. A massive thanks to @Joel2274

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
2x2- No, Yes, Yes
3x3 - Yes, Yes, Yes
4x4- Yes, Yes, No
OH - Yes, Yes
Blind - No
Skewb- No, No

I got PB single and average in every event at this comp, not blind if you count that. My favorite comp by far and it was a pleasure to meet @cubeshepherd and @weatherman223. A massive thanks to @Joel2274
I am glad that you had a great time at the competition @Duncan Bannon, and great job on getting 3rd in 2x2. Those were some great times and you did great in keeping your calm during both rounds, and all rounds for that matter. It was a really great pleasure to have meet you in person and I look forward to more future competitions with you.

It was great to have meet up with all you Colorado cubers as well. Great job to all in there respective event, and really great job to all the ones that podiumed in there events. Also, great job to @Joel2274 for getting 3rd in 3x3 BLD. That was well deserved and I am happy that you have finally gotten a podium, so well done.