• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lapis

Is there an alg that solves this case nicely, or should I just do ZBLL (which is pretty short for this case once you insert)?
Set Up: R2 D' r U2 r' D R U2 R U2 R U R'

CLL Smooth

WCA
2012LOET01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there an alg that solves this case nicely, or should I just do ZBLL (which is pretty short for this case once you insert)?
Set Up: R2 D' r U2 r' D R U2 R U2 R U R'
Insert plus easy ZBLL solves everything really nicely. You could also do the WV alg to a Jperm if you like that better.

How do I plan EOLine quickly and consistently in 15 seconds, and how can I practice? Currently, EOLine for me is extremely inconsistent, ranging from 2-20 seconds to solve.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How do I plan EOLine quickly and consistently in 15 seconds, and how can I practice? Currently, EOLine for me is extremely inconsistent, ranging from 2-20 seconds to solve.
How long have you been using ZZ?
Really, EOLine is pretty easy after a bunch of practice. Also, after you feel comfortable with EOLine, if you do, don't put you fingers on the bad/good edges. It gets in the way.
Also, have a set way of recognizing edges. For instance, I always start a y2 away from my solving position, check all the edges on Back (but currently F), y2.5 seeing edges on Left, Front, and then Right, then y.5'. Usually takes me about 2 seconds. 3 more for off the bat Line, and usually more to see if I can do anything extra nice like preserving a pair or just predicting one.
That's how it works for me.

Experiment, see what works best for you. Then do 1k solves, and you should be good. It's a process.

Duncan Bannon

I would personally say yes. Switch to CFOP or another method like ZZ or Roux. There is a great guide about the differences here on the forums, I can link it if you'd like.

Conor Chin

When I do U2 and D2 flicks should I be using 2 fingers? I find it much easier to just double flick with just my ring finger for U2 and just my ring finger for D2. Is this a bad habit?

Thom S.

When I do U2 and D2 flicks should I be using 2 fingers? I find it much easier to just double flick with just my ring finger for U2 and just my ring finger for D2. Is this a bad habit?

If you do it like a
U U
then it's something to learn.
But if you do a double turn in one 180 motion it's completely fine but better to be able to do both ways

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I do U2 and D2 flicks should I be using 2 fingers? I find it much easier to just double flick with just my ring [did you mean index?] finger for U2 and just my ring finger for D2. Is this a bad habit?
Index finger+Middle finger=Fast U2
Pinky finger+Ring finger=Fast D2

Everything else is slow. Make sure you can do these with your left hand too.
If you do it like a
U U
then it's something to learn.
But if you do a double turn in one 180 motion it's completely fine but better to be able to do both ways
This is mostly used for OH. Example with left hand:
Your index finger flicks from the Fru sticker to the Bru position. U2
There's also Blu to Fru position [U2'], but that requires more extension.

And also Frd to Bru [R2'] pinky flick.
Or Pinky finger+Ring finger.
Or you can do a slight regrip and do the double finger double flicks above.

PuzzleGuy

I didn't disassemble my 3by3 or anything but now I'm getting a wrong OLL again and again even when F2L is in correct order. Currently dealing with the picture attached. What's going on?IMG_20180701_222309-compressed.jpg

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you have that and the first two layers are solved, it most likely means you twisted a corner somehow. You'll have to twist it back. It's not possible for only one corner to be misoriented if the first two layers are solved.

With some cubes it's not that hard to just twist a corner in place. See if you can do that so that you have an OLL that you recognize.

Duncan Bannon

No algorithm to twist a corner. Just use your fingers to grab the corner and twist. The corner will rotate 1/3 of the way around. I would twist the bottom left corner (in the picture) and twist it so that the yellow faces you. Then solve like normal.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@ZF slow I don't really know what sexy, sledge is. Can you please post the algorithm?
That would be a terrible algorithm, but what he meant was:
Sexy move=R U R' U'
Sledgehammer=R' F R F'
Also,
Inverse Sexy=U R U' R'
Inverse Sledgehammer (Hedgeslammer)=F R' F' R
so
R U R' U' R' F R F' R U R' U' R' F R F'

The algorithm that I would use would be twisting the top right corner clockwise and then doing
M' [sexy] M [inverse sexy]=Rw U R' U' M U R U' R'

PuzzleGuy

That would be a terrible algorithm, but what he meant was:
Sexy move=R U R' U'
Sledgehammer=R' F R F'
Also,
Inverse Sexy=U R U' R'
Inverse Sledgehammer (Hedgeslammer)=F R' F' R
so
R U R' U' R' F R F' R U R' U' R' F R F'

The algorithm that I would use would be twisting the top right corner clockwise and then doing
M' [sexy] M [inverse sexy]=Rw U R' U' M U R U' R'
@GenTheThief Oh okay, got it now. That seems long, manual seems much easier. Thanks!