• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

FIFA 2018 World Cup Russia Thread

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
So I noticed that there was a thread for the 2010 FIFA World Cup and since I like soccer and have not seen a thread created yet I thought that one should be created.

This thread can be about anything related to the World cup, or anything before and after, as well as update's on teams and what not during the World cup. Also, feel free to post what team/s you are going for, who you think will win, which teams will make it out if group stage etc. All of this is self explanatory, and I just keep rambling on. anyway I look forward to seeing what your predictions are and what not.

Lastly, If you are interested in filling out a Group Stage-The Finals bracket sheet here is something that would work. I have a slightly different one, but it is in German and I can not seem to find it, but this one is pretty much the same: https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KJ00wabe...ia-2018-excel-templates+-+charts+20180512.jpg

Once I fill out my bracket sheet in the next couple of days I will post my thoughts on the results. Good luck all and I hope that you have fun. I look forward to seeing your thoughts (if any;))

Duncan Bannon

Hey!

The USA didn't make it and well, it seems sad. And it is. But I hope/think this will kick us into getting a better team and doing better in the future. Currently we have a mediocre team. Lots of older players. I think we need some more youth coming throughout our system. Soccer is growing in the US. And I can't wait until the day is becomes the biggest sport here. Currently I call the MLS "the retirement league." Players like Ibra, Beckham, David Villa go to retire. Play at a lower level and still get paid the $$$.

Hopefully we can get more competitive when it come to the beautiful game. (and make the MLS have promotion and relegation)

I may fill out a bracket soon. Seems like fun. I want Brazil to win. After last world cups killer defeat, I hope they come back and win.

They have a great team with the likes of Neymar, D. Costa, Marcelo. They have an aging defence, but still great players. Im really looking forward to seeing G. Jesus playing. I love that kid. The first time I saw him play I wanted Man U to sign him really bad. Im a MUFC fan and stock owner (hehe, like 3 shares). He plays SOOO well. He has that Brazilian flair.

Germany I think will make it far, but not win it. I don't think England will do well at all. Probably make it out of group stage, but then fall at the next opponents.

Looking forward to others thoughts.

E: Interested to see how this affect the summer transfer window.

Duncan Bannon

My predictions. I didn't put alot of work into it, but here they are. Not every game, but every group.

Group Stage:

Group A Winner: Russia
Group A 2nd: Uruguay

Group B Winner: Spain
Group B 2nd: Portugual

Group C Winner: France
Group C 2nd: Peru

Group D Winner: Argentina
Group D 2nd: Iceland

Group E Winner: Brazil
Group E 2nd: Swiss

Group F Winner: Germany
Group F 2nd: Mexico

Group G Winner: Belgium
Group G 2nd: England

Group H Winner: Columbia
Group H 2nd: Japan

Round of 16:

Russia vs Portugual - Portugual W (2-0)

Spain vs Uruguay - Spain W (3-0)

France vs Iceland - France W (2-1)

Argentina vs Peru - Argentina W (2-1)

Brazil vs Mexico - Brazil W (3-2)

Germany vs Swiss - Germany W (4-0)

Belgium vs Japan - Belgium W (2-1)

Columbia vs England - Columbia W (1-0)

Quarter Finals:

Portugal vs France - France W (2-1)

Spain vs Argentina - Spain W (2-1)

Brazil vs Belgium - Brazil W (3-2)

Germany vs Columbia - Germany W (4-0)

Semi Finals:

France vs Brazil - Brazil W (1-0)

Germany vs Spain - Germany W (3-2)

Final:

Brazil vs Germany - Brazil W (1-0) Lackluster final.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Finished your bracket?
Thanks for reminding me. I was working on it the other day but since then I completely forgot about it. I should have it all done no later the tomorrow night and I will post it here then. Thanks again.

I like that fact that you have Germany in the finals, but not the fact that they lose:p Also, (as you will see once I finish my bracket up) but I think that Iceland will at least make it to the quarter finals, especially since they are really motivated to do well especially after there great performance 2 years ago in the Euro cup.

Duncan Bannon

Looking forward to it.

Lol, do you have Germany winning it?

Iceland did do well, but that was against England :p

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Well here are my long awaited World Cup predictions. For now I have just the winners or the groups and then every winner through the finals, and I will post who I have winning each game (with the scores) the day before they play, so below I will also have the game for tomorrow which is Russia vs Saudi Arabia.

Group Stage:

Group A Winner: Uruguay
Group A 2nd: Egypt

Group B Winner: Spain
Group B 2nd: Portugual

Group C Winner: France
Group C 2nd: Denmark

Group D Winner: Argentina
Group D 2nd: Iceland

Group E Winner: Brazil
Group E 2nd: Swiss

Group F Winner: Germany
Group F 2nd: Mexico

Group G Winner: Belgium
Group G 2nd: England

Group H Winner: Poland
Group H 2nd: Columbia

Round of 16:

Uruguay vs Portugual - Portugual W (2-1)

Spain vs Egypt - Spain W (3-0)

France vs Iceland - France W (3-2)

Denmark vs Argentina Argentina W (2-1 after extra time, Tied 1-1 during regular time)

Brazil vs Mexico - Brazil W (2-1)

Germany vs Swiss - Germany W (3-1)

Belgium vs Columbia - Belgium W (2-0)

Poland vs England - England W (1-2 After extra time, Tied 1-1 during regular time)

Quarter Finals:

Portugal vs France - France W (2-3 After extra time, Tied 2-2 during regular time)

Spain vs Argentina - Spain W (2-0)

Brazil vs Belgium - Brazil W (3-2 After extra time, Tied 2-2 during regular time)

Germany vs England - Germany W (3-1)

Semi Finals:

France vs Brazil - Brazil W (2-1)

Germany vs Spain - Germany W (3-2)

3rd place game
Spain vs France Spain wins in penalty kick 5-4. The game is tied 2-2 after full time and extra time

Final:

Brazil vs Germany - Germany W (2-1)

And for the first match of the World Cup which is Russia vs Saudi Arabia I have Russia winning 3-1.

If anyone has a thought/prediction/guess for the game tomorrow or any of the games I look forward to seeing it.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
For the first game that was yesterday, I had the right team win but the score was a bit off.

Friday, June 15, 2018 games predictions.

Uruguay vs Egypt Uruguay wins 2-1
Portugal v Spain They both tie 1-1
Morocco vs Iran Iran wins 2-1

Last edited:

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hey the United States got the World cup 2026! That's wonderful news for us US fans.
I just saw that last night as well and thank you for mentioning it. It is really cool and going to a game would be really nice to do, but the only strange thing is that Mexico and Canada are also going to CoHost it. And the reason that I say strange is because of the altitude difference and distance in general for traveling. But never the less I still look forward to it. 8 Years and counting:p.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Well again I forgot to post this last night, but since I do not know the scores or anything about the game here are my predictions for today's games.

France vs Australia France wins 3-1
Peru vs Denmark Denmark wins 2-0
Argentina vs Island Argentina wins 2-1
Croatia vs Nigeria They both tie 1-1

Uruguay vs Egypt Uruguay wins 2-1
Portugal v Spain They both tie 1-1
Morocco vs Iran Iran wins 2-1
For yesterdays games I had the right teams win/tie but the scores were a little off.
Results:
Uruguay won 1-0
Portugal tied Spain 3-3
Iran won 1-0

Duncan Bannon

France vs Australia - France win 3 to 1
Peru vs Denmark - Peru win 2 to 1
Argentina vs Iceland - Argentina win 3 to 1
Croatia vs Nigeria - 1 to 1 tie.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
June 17 games predictions.

Costa Rica vs Serbia Serbia wins 1-0
Brazil vs Switzerland Brazil wins 3-1
Germany vs Mexico Germany wins 2-1

Duncan Bannon

Watching the Germany vs Mexico game now. Inforutantly, it's in Spanish. 0 to 0 in the 27th minute. At this point it seems Mexico is having the chances.

Edit- Mexico get a 1 to 0 lead with a wonderful counter attack. 1 to 0 Mexico

Edit 2- Halftime score is 1 to 0 Mexico leading.
It seems that Germany aren't shooting the ball. There right winger, draxler I believe, has had some nice shots that he just trapped the ball and crossed it back. They need to not be afraid to have a go.

Edit 3- Germany is getting in the game, would expect a equalizer soon. 72nd minute.

Last edited:

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Watching the Germany vs Mexico game now. Inforutantly, it's in Spanish. 0 to 0 in the 27th minute. At this point it seems Mexico is having the chances.
I am watching it now as well, and Mexico just scored:( Mexico is looking strong and are slicing Germany apart, but hopefully Germany wakes ups:)

Duncan Bannon

Yes they did. You can look at my edit above. A wonderful free kick by Germany that somehow was saved. What a save. Germany seems to have wonderful individual skill, but at a team, they seem to be lacking. If they can get some fluidity, 2 goals is nothing to them.