• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Block Keeper: Cross platform desktop timer

Hazel

Premium Member
This is great! I was getting a bit tired of having to create a new session then delete the old one whenever I wanted it clear haha.
Could you also add a setting for the Distribution tool to change/personalize the intervals in each session? So like if I wanted it to show how many times I've gotten a solve from 10-13 seconds, and 13-15, and 15-20, etc.

Hazel

Premium Member
@DalDal I know you probably already have quite a bit on your to-do list, but I think when you get the chance it would be really cool to have a virtual cube option like in csTimer! I'd love it if you could also customize the virtual cube key map, so you can make whichever keys you like do whichever moves on the cube you want.

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
@DalDal I know you probably already have quite a bit on your to-do list, but I think when you get the chance it would be really cool to have a virtual cube option like in csTimer! I'd love it if you could also customize the virtual cube key map, so you can make whichever keys you like do whichever moves on the cube you want.

It would definitely be a long time before I could do it, but I would like to do it as a feature and as a fun project. :)

Hazel

Premium Member
Two small little things also, when you get the chance:
- Could you remove the scramble scrolling bar when the scramble isn't long enough to be able to scroll? Maybe this could be an option in settings or something
- Could you make it so in time lists when you do control/command F to select all it only highlights the things in the time list?

Also, I think it would be awesome to be able to save timer interface settings (the Hex codes) so you can keep ones you really like. Maybe in the future, it would also be fun to be able to save your interface hex code layout as a file so you can share them with other people!

Amazing as always!!

Hazel

Premium Member
Sorry to keep bugging you with things, but could you add options to have the video files save as different file types? Like .mp4 or .mov? Also is there any way you could add an option to increase the FPS of the videos?

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
Sorry to keep bugging you with things, but could you add options to have the video files save as different file types? Like .mp4 or .mov? Also is there any way you could add an option to increase the FPS of the videos?

Definitely something I want to do in the future. I think that would be useful.

Hazel

Premium Member
When manually adding a time, would it be possible to make it so that hitting <ENTER> adds the time instead of having to click "OK"?
Also, it'd be nice to have an option in setting that makes it so when you manually enter a time it automatically inserts the scramble in it and switches the scramble when it's done :D

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It looks like the "Drawn Scramble" feature for pyraminx isn't right. WCA regs say to put green in front, yellow on bottom but, if you do that with Block Keeper, the drawn scramble doesn't match the scramble on your puzzle.

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
It looks like the "Drawn Scramble" feature for pyraminx isn't right. WCA regs say to put green in front, yellow on bottom but, if you do that with Block Keeper, the drawn scramble doesn't match the scramble on your puzzle.
Fixed, thanks for pointing this out, I don't do pyraminx often.

a3533

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well again this is a very nice timer, thanks for the nice job!
I have recently experience delay problem (about 0.02 sec) and the session is not very big, even a new session has this problem. Video here:
This is a very bad problem especially for event like 2x2. Please fix it and again thanks for this great timer.

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
Well again this is a very nice timer, thanks for the nice job!
I have recently experience delay problem (about 0.02 sec) and the session is not very big, even a new session has this problem. Video here:
This is a very bad problem especially for event like 2x2. Please fix it and again thanks for this great timer.

After investigating the video and the code, I think I know what's happening. The timer approximately displays the current time, however it isn't 100% accurate as It would be to intensive to update it every 0.001 seconds, so it is updated every 0.017 to give 60 updates each second. So at any point it could be delayed by that amount or more. I have made small adjustments to try and reduce this delay where possible. When you stop the timer it then calculates the real time separately to the shown time and does all the processing (Creating the record, changing the UI, etc) before it displays the real time, which may be higher than the delayed displayed time. This pause is likely dependent on the speed of your computer as well. I'll try and set it up so the real time displays before the pause to work. (EDIT: I have done this) I hope this helps. If you still are concerned, measure the length of the video from the frame you start to the frame you stop. :)

Last edited: