• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

pglewis

WCA
2016LEWI07
They are completely different puzzles to me despite calling the newer one "2". The MF3RS2 definitely "tracks" and turns better for me with the guide collar around the centers but it's also more expensive.

Hero

Umm... whoever moved my thread here, I didn't ask for the cube I should get, I was just asking out of curiosity.

Anyway, since this is here, and the poll disappeared....
There seems to be some sort of controversy over this as even many top-end Qiyi-sponsored speedcubers agree there's barely any difference between the 2 cubes. Valk 3 or Valk Power?

greentgoatgal

This forum seems to be very strictly ordered. If you ask a question that correlates to the topic of another larger thread, your thread will get moved. Whether you like it or not.

nobanpl0x194

I'm beginning to learn to solve a 3x3, but i have a crap cube. I need a cube that is budget-friendly and that is pretty good.

CuberJK77

Buy the Mf3rs2. The thunderclap was my first cube and it needs cleaning and lubing very often. After some days, after i bought it and did nothing to tune it, it slowed down extremely. It also got a weird touch / feel, as if my fingers would be glued. Got to clean it, and, lubed it the first time. It then got it's speed back, but now it got it's slowlyness and bad feeling back. I don't like the cube anymore, but it's now at "Work", so i don't care about how it's used anymore. The Mf3rs is definitely better, the Mf3rs2 is also very good and the yuxin little magic would be my recommendation.

What 3x3 should I get? I can machine a core, so that doesn't have to be durable. I intend to glue pieces with ABS pipe glue.

Other nice features: stickerless, speedy, made in the USA

Puzzles that I will probably resell: all have weak edge pieces
- Valk 3 power: also has huge weakening holes in the centers
- Gts2
- mf3rs: I meant to get mf3rs2
- qiyi warrior w

Are there puzzle brands that consistently make other tough puzzles? I really like my cyclone boys 2x2 and qiyi megaminx.

It seems that cubers have little interest in durable gear. That's a problem in other sports. If a bike racer only rode racing bikes, he/she would go through lots of expensive custom bikes.

From my research, one of these is probably the best beater 3x3:
Moyu and YJ:
Mf3, Mf3s, Mf3rs2
Guanlong, Yulong, Aolong (v1)
Cyclone Boys: Feiwu, Feichi, XuanFeng
Thunderclap (v1)

Last edited by a moderator:

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
What's a modern cube that feels the most like the thunderclap v1? Been eyeing the valk power recently
I don't think there really is anything in the current lineup that really feels like a Thunderclap. To me, the Yuexiao Pro is kinda like a spiritual successor to the Aolong/Thunderclap style of puzzle but to me it feels more like a MUCH better X-man Tornado than anything. I haven't tried a Valk Power so I can't say for sure about that.