• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Older cubers discussions

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
View attachment 8627

Thanks. Not much drama today except Max’s 17.87s 3BLD.

My 4BLD scorecard - the first official success!

For 3BLD, went to the 2nd round but made a stupid mistake. After finished solving, wasn’t sure whether there was a flipped edge or not (probably from the previous MBLD memo)- paused a little bit while then did a one flip. Turned out, no flip, missed sub-2. 1:50 DNF. :)

I saw the blindfold, looked at the times on the scoresheet and thought... holy cow you've got fast at 3BLD. Circa 20s?

Only after closer inspection did I see it was 4BLD times. I think it was the dots rather than colons in the times. :)

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
How did you miss the block @mark49152? Were those rooms in a different area or something?
For 20 cubes I execute last 4 then first 16 memorized. For 16 cubes I execute last 4 then first 12. I usually use the same rooms so I've got quite used to stopping after the 12th room, but it was careless. I'd be gutted if I did that in comp :).

I'm still pleased with it though. My aim is to push my pace. 1:01:34 pace is a big improvement and getting pretty close the hour!

openseas

WCA
2015PARK24
I saw the blindfold, looked at the times on the scoresheet and thought... holy cow you've got fast at 3BLD. Circa 20s?

Only after closer inspection did I see it was 4BLD times. I think it was the dots rather than colons in the times. :)

Haha, yeah, I should have placed a 3x3 blocking event name to make a perfect crime :)

Selkie

Premium Member
WCA
2011WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
I came here to say hello, as I usually do from time to time, because I don't want to lose contact with you guys as I also feel you are like family to me and then I read about your terrible news, @Jason Green and, all of a sudden, tears came to my eyes. I can't even imagine how you must feel right now. I wish you and your kids all the strength in the world and I send you, from this side of the ocean, all my love and support. I don't really know what else to say, I'm still in shock.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
It now seems crass to post something cubing related here, given how trivial it is compared to the important things in life. I hope you and the boys are bearing up, @Jason Green.

Today I went to Weston-super-Mare Open, organised by our very own @Shaky Hands and @Selkie. Great job guys, especially the impressive venue! I can't make it tomorrow so it was just half a comp for me, and it was great to have all the BLD stuff on one day.

It was mostly a poor day for me, especially 3BLD and 4BLD. My home 3BLD form totally deserted me, the first two 4BLD scrambles were hard, and the third 4BLD attempt nearly gave me a 4:38 PB had I not executed the very last comm in the wrong direction - argh! My 21 comp PB streak looked at risk of coming to an end with only one event left, MBLD. Luckily I got a 16/17 PB to claw my day back from the doldrums. The scrambles were pretty hard and my time was comfortable so it felt like a good result. The error was two edge pairs swapped in execution. Almost ready for 20 :)

As usual it was great catch up with the oldies and everyone else, and I'm already looking forward to the next comp. Congrats on the awesome PBs today guys, and good luck to everyone competing tomorrow!