• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best Budget/Beginner SpeedCubes

Gomorrite

Unfortunately that 3x3 gets much more expensive when shipped to Europe. I would like a budget cube for myself since I haven't cubed since 2009 and I own one of the cubes that were considered good back then (Ghost hands if I recall correctly) which I believe might be lousy compared to any modern cube. Can someone suggest me an option under 10 dollars shipping to The Netherlands? And is Moyu MF3RS the same cube as this one?

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Unfortunately that 3x3 gets much more expensive when shipped to Europe. I would like a budget cube for myself since I haven't cubed since 2009 and I own one of the cubes that were considered good back then (Ghost hands if I recall correctly) which I believe might be lousy compared to any modern cube. Can someone suggest me an option under 10 dollars shipping to The Netherlands? And is Moyu MF3RS the same cube as this one?
MF3RS, valk3 is $12.84 on priceangels.com so slightly more but the MF3RS will be way better than any cube from 2009

Matthew H.

WCA
2014HARR01
Nice video as always! This is my personal opinion to what I think are great budget speedcubes:

2x2: KungFu YueHun (this used to be my main and I still love it)
3x3: MoFang JiaoShi MF3RS
4x4: YJ YuSu R
5x5: MoFang JiaoShi MF5

I did agree with your 3x3 and 5x5 choices but I think the YueHun and YuSu R are better performance for their budget price

Max Cruz

Just wanted to "bump" this thread to say thanks to TCKyewbs! What a wonderful video :)

Any plans for a face reveal?

Ander

I have a QiYi Warrior W 3x3 which I got for 12 EUR via Amazon (incl. shipping as I am a Amazon Prime) and it's very fine so I would recommend it.
However, I can't really compare it with others as it's my only speed cube (I have two others but they are very lousy), so take the above with a grain of salt :)

Last edited:

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just so you know you wwre completely ripped off, in general, never order cubes from Amazon.
I have a QiYi Warrior W 3x3 which I got for 12 EUR via Amazon (incl. shipping as I am a Amazon Prime) and it's very fine so I would recommend it.
However, I can't really compare it with others as it's my only speed cube (I have two others but they are very lousy), so take the above with a grain of salt :)

Ander

Just so you know you were completely ripped off, in general, never order cubes from Amazon.

I am aware that the price of that cube is much lower, but you aren't considering shipping in the factor.

US shop 2.50 $ + 12 $ shipping ---> 12 EUR total & 3 weeks wait (and possibly taxes)
UK shop 3.50 £ + 8 £ shipping ---> 13 EUR total & 1 week wait (no taxes)
Amazon IT 12 € + 0 € shipping ---> 12 EUR total & 1 day wait (no taxes)

See where this is going?
Add in that it was the week before Christmas, and I wanted it by Christmas, and it was a no brainer.
But yeah, for future purchases of more expensive cubes I will certainly consider other shops.