• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Report Issues Here

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Please report any bugs, issues, forum suggestions, concerns, etc. in this thread here. Often times if an issue isn't reported, we don't know it exists. We rely on the community to report bugs and make suggestions that make the community a better and more useful resource for everyone. Please reply here or PM me directly if you have any suggestions, concerns, or bugs to report.

We're constantly trying to improve to build a better community for us all.

Thanks!

xyzzy

(Not sure if this counts as an actual issue.) Disabling italics inside code tags would be pretty nice, because sometimes I have code that's iterating over an array (as in array[i]), and that gets mangled by the BBCode parser.

xyzzy

Thread merging happens very often on this forum, but oftentimes a thread's title contains information not in the post body, and when the thread gets merged into a bigger thread, that information is lost. Unless the original thread title is completely uninformative (e.g. stuff like "help?????"), it would be a good idea to include the original thread title in the moved post.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Thread merging happens very often on this forum, but oftentimes a thread's title contains information not in the post body, and when the thread gets merged into a bigger thread, that information is lost. Unless the original thread title is completely uninformative (e.g. stuff like "help?????"), it would be a good idea to include the original thread title in the moved post.
Noted and will discuss this further with other moderators. Thanks.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I do not know if someone has mentioned this or not but I was trying to look at the Forum Rules and ever time I press it it says Error 404... Is there anything that I can do to fix that on my end? or is it just site related? Thank you very much in advance for your help.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I do not know if someone has mentioned this or not but I was trying to look at the Forum Rules and ever time I press it it says Error 404... Is there anything that I can do to fix that on my end? or is it just site related? Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Fixed, thanks for reporting this.

Wally

I'm not sure if this is a problem of my own, but every time I try to change my avatar, the browser crashes immediately after I clicked on the "choose file". I tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, all the same. Thanks!

Edit:
Well, it worked when I switched to Linux from Windows, might be something wrong with the Windows?

Last edited by a moderator:

xyzzy

the browser crashes immediately
Well, it worked when I switched to Linux from Windows, might be something wrong with the Windows?
This is very definitely a problem with your computer and not the website. Random stab in the dark: maybe you have a hard drive failure of some sort and it's causing the file picker to crash.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I'm not sure if this is a problem of my own, but every time I try to change my avatar, the browser crashes immediately after I clicked on the "choose file". I tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, all the same. Thanks!
Have you tried to reboot your computer and try again? I can't replicate the issue and haven't had any others mention this issue.

Wally

Have you tried to reboot your computer and try again? I can't replicate the issue and haven't had any others mention this issue.
Sorry for the delay, I did some research and found it's actually a bug with the Windows File Explorer that's causing the crash, thanks!

Reactions: pjk
L

lucarubik

i searched "cut between corners and edges mbld" and it lead me to page 69 (gigiddy) of the mbld discussion thread, but when i clicked (left click, not wheel click or anything) it showed me as if logged out
I tried to replicate it searching this thread and everything was fine, the only difference i can come up with is that this is the last page of a thread, and the first
clicking log in again from the thread not only would be anoying but it didnt work, nor refreshing

xyzzy

i searched "cut between corners and edges mbld" and it lead me to page 69 (gigiddy) of the mbld discussion thread, but when i clicked (left click, not wheel click or anything) it showed me as if logged out
Might be due to the search engine returning the HTTP link to the site rather than HTTPS, and you're only logged in to the HTTPS site. I see this with some of the links from some wiki pages too.

Maybe it's time to start doing automatic HTTPS redirects?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I tried to replicate it searching this thread and everything was fine, the only difference i can come up with is that this is the last page of a thread, and the first
clicking log in again from the thread not only would be anoying but it didnt work, nor refreshing
Are you using the Xenforo search engine or the Google search engine?

Might be due to the search engine returning the HTTP link to the site rather than HTTPS, and you're only logged in to the HTTPS site. I see this with some of the links from some wiki pages too.

Maybe it's time to start doing automatic HTTPS redirects?
This would be an issue. When do you see this issue happening so I can replicate?

xyzzy

This would be an issue. When do you see this issue happening so I can replicate?
I thought I'd seen it happen somewhat recently, but I can't reproduce it either. (It looks like the "old" URLs for the old forum software already automatically redirect to HTTPS, and the vast majority of the newer links are already HTTPS.)

Reactions: pjk
L

lucarubik

Are you using the Xenforo search engine or the Google search engine?

the google one, only now i've noticed there is a site search tab

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hey @pjk, I just wanted to point out that (a) the search engine is not working at the moment, and (b) when you press on a members profile, and click on the "Posting" button it comes up with the same error code as that with the search engine. The error code is
"Oops! We ran into some problems.
A server error occurred. Please try again later."​
Thanks in advance for checking on it, and (since I believe in you to fix it) thanks for fixing it : )