• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] Cong's Design Pyraminx

Ghost Cuber

WCA
2015WINT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
This puzzle really isn't for me. I get inconsistent times on it and I don't particularly enjoy the feel. Objectively, it is a great puzzle though. I shared some of my thoughts in the video below. It is the last thing I opened in the video and I also gave a more in-depth opinion over a (bad) 4.44 AO12.

Ghost Cuber

WCA
2015WINT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Would you recommend this puzzle to someone who uses the OG Moyu and Shengshou?
It is easily the best Pyraminx with ball bearings, but I definitely think the Bell is better. The Bell is also usable out of the box and the MeiChi is a bit tricky to set up. It also needs to be relubed every few hundred solves due to the hard plastic.

Matthew Salas

WCA
2017SALA19
It is easily the best Pyraminx with ball bearings, but I definitely think the Bell is better. The Bell is also usable out of the box and the MeiChi is a bit tricky to set up. It also needs to be relubed every few hundred solves due to the hard plastic.
I've tried both the Bell and the Magnetic MoYu at a Comp and, in my honest opinion, I didn't like the magnets very much. Don't get me wrong, I do prefer the magnets in 3x3, 2x2, and even skewb (I use the X-man wingy), but for some reason, I favor a physical "click" in a pyraminx, which is why I am reluctant to upgrade from the standard MoYu, because there hasn't been any good ball bearing pyraminxes. I think this one is the one to upgrade too. I've been hearing good reviews, but I want to pursue without any doubt.

Respectable and honest opinion though!

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've tried both the Bell and the Magnetic MoYu at a Comp and, in my honest opinion, I didn't like the magnets very much. Don't get me wrong, I do prefer the magnets in 3x3, 2x2, and even skewb (I use the X-man wingy), but for some reason, I favor a physical "click" in a pyraminx, which is why I am reluctant to upgrade from the standard MoYu, because there hasn't been any good ball bearing pyraminxes. I think this one is the one to upgrade too. I've been hearing good reviews, but I want to pursue without any doubt.

I feel the same way. I still use an original Shengshou because of the super-strong click.

allanboss131

I feel the same way. I still use an original Shengshou because of the super-strong click.

This is easily the best ball-bearing pyraminx. I use it over my moyu magnetic because for some reason I just get better times on it. I like the feel of the moyu magnetic better. This has to be set up though, as out of the box it sucks. I TOTALLY recommend this pyra though!