• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Competitors shouldn't be allowed to have a cube to warm up with

WCA
2016DERO04
YouTube
Visit Channel
For scrambling, their should be a test 20-25 questions long, giving a scramble and asking what the UBR piece is after doing the scramble.

Uh... But the official scrambling software already outputs an image of how the cube is supposed to look like after the scramble has been applied.

Also, I can only speak on behalf of the comps I personally attended, but in all of them the scramblers were well known, trusted members of the local cubing community (who also happen to be fast (sub 20 and below) Cubers, as to ensure a quick procedure).

Not to mention the Delegates were always present to make sure everything runs in accordance to the regulations.

All in all, most of the overly logistic "solutions" being proposed here, in my opinion, can be easily replaced with one thing only: Common sense from all involved parts.

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
No I don't think their should be. I have been trying to earn a licence for the amateur radio and I noticed that you have a test you can take before you can get on air. What if at every comp you go over all the regs needed for the events happening at a comp. If you want to run, you take a test based on the regs about how to run. It probably will only need no more the 20 questions. The question will be about, "Where you find the cubes to run." "Where do you read the name to call out?" ect...

For scrambling, their should be a test 20-25 questions long, giving a scramble and asking what the UBR piece is after doing the scramble.

Judging will be 25 long , asking +2 penalties, Dnf's ect...

I don't think it has to be that restricted. I don't like too many regs, like there is in some areas of Government.

Maybe a basic course before the comp starts would be good.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As far as I know, I don't think anyone has. But if we put in a reg to fix it now, we won't need to deal with it.

Anyone who tried to cheat in this bizarre way probably wouldn't be stopped from cheating in some form. Regulations don't stop people from cheating, but actual enforcement of current regulations does. Such a change also affects cubers who try to keep themselves fresh between solves, which is not worth losing over this minor risk.