• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to Solve a Rubik's Cube Blindfolded

adimare

WCA
2011MARE02
Just looked at the 3x3 guide, seems like a useful tool for a newcomer to have, only problem is that it doesn't explain what the algs are supposed to do, and the columns aren't labeled. It just says stuff like "A UFL YRB F R' (Y) R F' ", took me a bit to figure out that means A: label of the sticker (why not use Speffz? most people use Speffz), UFL: Up Front Left, YRB: yellow red blue (again, might be better to use white top green front since it's what most people use), F R' (Y) R F': alg that exchanges UBL with UFL, if you just added a small paragraph explaining that's what the alg does, it'd go a long way.

Last edited by a moderator:

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
only problem is that it doesn't explain what the algs are supposed to do, and the columns aren't labeled.
I think this is main problem. Reading this tutorial I still cant figure out how to solve 3x3 blindfolded. That's why I think it is useless for newcomer.

How to solve edges with this method?

adimare

WCA
2011MARE02
I think this is main problem. Reading this tutorial I still cant figure out how to solve 3x3 blindfolded. That's why I think it is useless for newcomer.

How to solve edges with this method?

To be honest I wouldn't recommend Old Pochmann for edges, M2 is faster, more efficient, and (at least for me) easier to execute. The best video series out there that explains how to solve it is Noah's.
Video 1 here.

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
To be honest I wouldn't recommend Old Pochmann for edges, M2 is faster, more efficient, and (at least for me) easier to execute. The best video series out there that explains how to solve it is Noah's.
Video 1 here.

Yeah, I agree. I use M2 for a months. I've learnt from tutorial you've linked. But I know Old Pochmann (I started from it). And I wonder what the algs from right column mean?

SiTeMaRo

WCA
2019TEOD01
Please, can you solve this problem for me: I'm solving with the red in front and white on top, and when I'm solving the edges, I say for example, the UR piece is solved before other edges. I start solving some edges, and doing that the white and blue piece is solved; in this case how I can solve the other edges because I must switch to an edge that's not solved.For example, I shoot to UL then to BL, and the piece white and blue that was in the BL has returned to UR, in the correct position.Now I can't shoot anywhere that piece because it's in the correct position.

Sorry for my bad english, but please help me with this.

SiTeMaRo

WCA
2019TEOD01
"The way we do this, is we choose any random edge that is still unsolved. DFL is a good choice in this case. Where does this go?"
Did you mean: corner.
Also thanks for the tutorial. It's really good.

Ayman

For some weeks, I am trying to learn BLD. I am having problem in Memorization. But specially problem in Corner Solving Setup moves... So does anyone has any advice or links for me. And also can you pls tell me a easy but fast method for BLD, like CFOP in normal solving.. Thats all, and wish me luck so i can learn it....

Best Regards,
Ayman,
The Robocuber

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am having problem in Memorization. But specially problem in Corner Solving Setup moves...
If your problem is with setup moves it sounds like it's during execution not memorization. My advice is to learn to do your execution method sighted. Solve the cube one piece at a time using your BLD method and watch how the method works. That way you will see your mistakes too.

A good method to start with is M2/OP. It's a lot more efficient than OP/OP but only a little more difficult.

Ayman

If your problem is with setup moves it sounds like it's during execution not memorization. My advice is to learn to do your execution method sighted. Solve the cube one piece at a time using your BLD method and watch how the method works. That way you will see your mistakes too.

A good method to start with is M2/OP. It's a lot more efficient than OP/OP but only a little more difficult.

thanks for the advice. But you see i am having problem with memorization and execution of the corner. Cant i do the corners with anyother method. and which is the fastest method or fast enough for bld...

thanks again,
Ayman,
RoboCuber