• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cubo

I've heard these a few times ... I assume these are all interchangeable ... please explain.

Thanks!

What? His only Square-1 average this year was 10.94. I'm sure he doesn't do much 3x3 at home so I don't know why you pointed it out.

He's still using an Mf8 v1 because he apparently doesn't like the QiYi. He might have borrowed one for his official average but I don't know. Getting a PB2 avg using the same cube while not particularly active is pretty impressive.

James Snowden

Hi, would it be possible to create an algorithm for F2L on big cubes which prevents OLL parity from occurring when forcing an LL skip with a method such as ZBLL.
Thanks.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Preventing OLL parity can be done by considering the orientations of the final 3 pieces in Z4 or by looking at all the pieces in inspection (not that i would recommend doing it though). In general however, i would say it is just better to do the OLL parity alg and not have to worry about it.

With regards to PLL parity, I think someone developed a method of preventing it by counting the number of turns you use when doing edge pairing or centres or something similar and adjusting it to be either odd or even depending on whether you had parity or not. However, again it is probably just better to the parity algs and continue.

Also, unless you are refering to ZZ-CT (which i still don't think is really an LL skip as you are still doing the same number of algs) or CTLS, ZBLL does not give you and LL skip.

xyzzy

With regards to PLL parity, I think someone developed a method of preventing it by counting the number of turns you use when doing edge pairing or centres or something similar and adjusting it to be either odd or even depending on whether you had parity or not.

Counting slice turns is for OLL parity, not PLL parity. (Proof that you can't use counting to decide permutation parity.) You can easily influence permutation parity while pairing the last two edges, but deciding which way to influence it would take longer than just executing the PLL parity alg.

YouCube

So I bought a CubeTwist Magic from TheCubicle.us and it arrived today. However, when I got it, it was a tiny bit scrambeled in the sense that it was still in the 2x4 grid where you start off your solves, but the bottom and top layer had switched place, so that instead of three circles, I had 6 half-circles. They are correctly placed next to eachother, the only problem is that they are not linked to eachother from the middle sections (which are disappearing over the edge). I will try to include a picture of the scramble. After many hours on youtube searching up how to unscramble the magic, they all say the same, "do this or this 4 times and it will be back to normal". I have been sitting here for over 4 hours trying countless different methods, but I keep getting back to the original scrambled state. Am I doing something wrong? or was the magic puzzle assembled wrong? I read about one guy with the same problem, but his was normal and then he got the case that I am stuck on and he could never get it back. He said that at some point he had done a somewhat "forced" twist, which he believed acted like a cornertwist on a rubiks cube, making the puzzle unable to solve, until said twist is undone. Please help me. I will be competing with this puzzle soon and that would not look good in this stateWeird scramble.jpg

That Cuber

I know several resolves on the 3x3 for example down left up right (R' D' R D) I know around five need more they are fun and look cool. THANKS

RennuR

Hey guys quick question! I have a Cubicle Premium Guoguan Yuexiao, and it is obviously very crunchy and stable. I would like to see if I like the opposite kind of cube, and what would that be? Do you guys know what budget cube would be the best if I want to try a very opposite feel of the guoguan yuexiao? But of course not be a trash cube, just something that maybe isnt crunchy to see what kind of cube I really like, because Ive only ever had a crunchy cube... thanks!

EntireTV

Hey! I took a little break from cubing, and I've been hearing about US National 2017 Qualifying times. Is this true? How will it work?