• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

may be the first Smart Cube in the world

Peter Lee

• Use AR technology to solve a puzzle cube with step-by-step tutorials
  • Countless combinations exercise the hands and brain
  • Master the cube and solve in under one minute
  • Fun for all ages. Product is safe and BPA free
  • Compatible with iPhone / iPad / Android Device

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It'd be cool if you could choose which method is used for the generated solution (CFOP, Roux, ZZ, etc).

This would give people an insight into how speed solvers actually go about solving the cube.

I think this would be more interesting than applying a <=20 move optimal solution.

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
Use AR technology to solve a puzzle cube with step-by-step tutorials

You mean step-by-step solutions. A tutorial is something that you can learn from.

Countless combinations exercise the hands and brain

You don't exercise the brain if you're not solving it youself.

Master the cube and solve in under one minute

I don't think you master something if you can only do it with the help of an app, and I don't see the app helping you master it.

Fun for all ages. Product is safe and BPA free

I'd be interested to see an app that's not BPA free.

Anyway, its a cool idea. I messed around with AR and a cube before, but I didn't get very far. I like the idea from the point of view of scramble checking at competitions rather than a solver for people who can't be bothered to learn to solve it themselves.

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like the idea from the point of view of scramble checking at competitions rather than a solver for people who can't be bothered to learn to solve it themselves.

That's an idea I like. I'm not sure if a smartphone app is the best way to do that though. For it to be time effective it would really need to be a 2-6 camera setup that you just put it in and choose which scramble. I guess if you had a scramble checker it would work.