• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New 2015 WCA Regulations (Effective July 1, 2015)

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If we didn't care so much about having annual regulations and instead announced changes in their own time, people wouldn't have to over-hype.

The difficulty in this is that we are a worldwide organization, and having small, frequent updates while keeping 100+ delegates up to date is difficult. It's much easier to give a large list of changes at once so that everyone knows the current regulations and we can make decisions consistently around the world.

Coolster01

WCA
2011SBAH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe you should rethink your cubing choices.

Which cubing choice would you be referring to?

If you mean:

a. The choice of ordering a stickerless cube: It was an accident. I wasn't paying attention when ordering. I can't just get another cube now.

b. Getting into feet (yeah, it's my feet cube): It was over two years ago. All I wanted was some kind of record, and feet seemed the most in reach for me. I'm sorry that I got into the event.

c. Another cubing choice: specify, please.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The chances feet will be held are getting staggeringly low due to a higher than expected registration, so your choices may be irrelevant anyway. For what it's worth, I don't see new regulations being ready that soon at all, this is still a long term project.

Seanliu

YouTube
Visit Channel
What I have been thinking about is - why wasn't (past tense) stickerless cubes allowed in BLD? I mean, they couldn't SEE the 45 deg pieces, could they?

The chances feet will be held are getting staggeringly low due to a higher than expected registration, so your choices may be irrelevant anyway. For what it's worth, I don't see new regulations being ready that soon at all, this is still a long term project.

Any update on writing the regulations to allow stickerless cubes?

Nope. I am 100% certain that you will know when those regulations are ready because it will be posted in this very thread.

Sounds like a fair assumption. However, perhaps an estimate of when that might happen would also be of use. If we were to know whether it's imminent, or whether it will be months away that might be useful for planning competition attendance.

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sounds like a fair assumption. However, perhaps an estimate of when that might happen would also be of use. If we were to know whether it's imminent, or whether it will be months away that might be useful for planning competition attendance.

"When the regs are ready" and "Be patient" seem to be the recurring themes.