• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Huge qqTimer Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The reasoning was that DNFs are usually mess-ups or times that weren't supposed to be recorded (such as forgetting to stop the timer before spending several minutes finding/fixing a pop), and a lot of people get DNFs in a session. Thus I figured it would be most useful (as a measure of skill or whatever) to give the worst *non-DNF* time.

David0794

WCA
2011SCHU03
Today I got an error message...does this mean that I have to delete the qqtimer cookie and thereby lose my whole session? :(

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie: session0|1=16384,14736,13449,14812,12746,12527,14080, and so on...

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think I remember that the last time I tried to test out localstorage it had some weird bugs/issues that made it really hard to deal with. Lucas, if you want to try to rewrite the functions to get and save cookies/sessions, I'll be interested to see if you can get them to work.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think I remember that the last time I tried to test out localstorage it had some weird bugs/issues that made it really hard to deal with. Lucas, if you want to try to rewrite the functions to get and save cookies/sessions, I'll be interested to see if you can get them to work.

I was going to look into this later, but I looked into localStorage for an assignment. Turns out that it's basically a consistent one-liner in all browsers.

These changes try to be a bit more robust by falling back to cookie support if localStorage is not available. If you want to be bold, you can literally replace each of the cookie functions by a one-liner. (localStorage.getItem(...) also returns null if the key is not found.)

This works for me in Chrome, FF, and Safari.
(Opera doesn't seem to respond to the spacebar for qqtimer at all, and I can't test IE.)
caniuse.com is very optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.