• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

XG (New Method Based on Fridrich!)

deepSubDiver

Cubefag reports in.
I now trained this method a little and it is really effective. I sometimes manage sub 0 solves and it often happens to have a middle layer skip. Also, I optimized the algorithms a little and made them 1-gen. This really helps my TPS and obviously is the reason for the sub 0 solves.
Amazing work, Lucas!
This method should get a Wiki page!

Ewks

WCA
2007ASIK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
WOW! This is just awesome. You just don't have to think about anything anymore to get fast. This is perfect.

There's just one thing I would add to this method I'd maek all the algs one gen by doing cube rotations. like instead of RU I'd do RzR. They're easier to perform 'cause you just do like two Rs in a row.

deepSubDiver

ManasijV

WCA
2011VENK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
The 4LLL "Expert" LL is just too complicated for me. But I will spend a few months just practising them and getting the whole LL under one second. Sub-5 is possible. This is the future of cubing.

Last edited:

edd5190

WCA
2007ADSU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's for everybody that thinks this is good.

:fp for you
:fp another for you
:fp one for you too
:fp yeah, you definately deserve

Oh, and a few :fp:fp:fp:fp:fp for lucas garron.
Nice spelling.

Apparently you didn't realize that this was a joke. You can tell from the spelling mistakes and noobiness of Lucas' posts in this thread. Have you read his other posts? Compare those to the posts here and maybe you'll see that he was just acting.

Lucas on the XG thread:

Aug 18 21:45:23 <lgarron> Ethan_Rosen: It's a grand parody of all the stupid threads out there.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Experiment over. Hypothesis confirmed.
This thread has significantly more replies (55) than any serious ideas I've ever posted. The only threads I've ever started that gained more replies were SF09 (61) and the 2-gen contest (71).

Anyhow, the point wasn't so much a joke with which I wanted people to go along. It's supposed to make some of you realize that you're posting stuff which is just as stupid, with the pretense of knowing what you're doing. I wanted to capture all those minor-facepalm components I try to restrain myself from getting angry about.

As for the method, it's actually not bad for speed LBL. It's good if you want a high-TPS solve, or maybe if you want to show off with fast moves to people who don't care so much about the time.

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well I don't think my posts were stupid... I was just genuinely confused about this method being fast.

Although its funny, I did notice that you made quite a few spelling errors, which is definitely not like you.

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As I read the first post I thought several times about how Lucas sounded like a random member here making a thread, I guess that means he did a good job?

Also, this whole test in general was a great idea, and it worked.