• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I have found the way to switch centers for my system, but I still need it to become a shorter algorithm, for it is mostly intuitive. It would be easier if you PMed me if you would like to contribute an idea.
You're being pretty vague. It would be helpful if you posted a good description of your method.

Kevin S

You're being pretty vague. It would be helpful if you posted a good description of your method.
It is still a WIP, but later, once it is confirmed as a new method, I will post it. I'm sorry, and I'm also making an algorithm right now for the centers, so I may not need help.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It is still a WIP, but later, once it is confirmed as a new method, I will post it. I'm sorry, and I'm also making an algorithm right now for the centers, so I may not need help.
I would suggest that you share the method, before you put too much time into it. Based on your signature, I don't think it will be anything that people haven't already come up with, or work any better than 1 looking a couple block comms.

Megaminxer

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been cubing for about ten years but recently forgot how to tackle last few edges on big cubes. How do I solve them for 4x4 and 5x5? Thanks!

Kevin S

I would suggest that you share the method, before you put too much time into it. Based on your signature, I don't think it will be anything that people haven't already come up with, or work any better than 1 looking a couple block comms.
True. I'll have to see, because I posted it on the new method thread, asking for help.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm sub1 with reduction so yes it is

I tried to learn Yau, Yau is the reason it took me about 9 months to reduce my average from 1 minute to sub-1 minute, it made me dislike 4x4 and while I understand why it may be faster for some, it feels very restrictive (like solving white cross only) maybe it would make me faster if I could be bothered to practice it more though.

ShortPanda

I really like the Pochmann-Method for centers, you almost never have to look around the cube, I average about 20-25 seconds without much practice, it's very fast if you use the tips given on the bottom of the page:

http://www.stefan-pochmann.info/spocc/speedsolving/4x4_centers/

For edge-paring, I switched back from 6 edges at a time to 2-pair-method, but I don't think that's faster, it's about the same for me, use what feels better to you. I switched because I want to improve on 5x5 edge-paring at the same time, so it would be nonsense to use different systems on those two cubes.

Good luck, Robin
How do u solve the yellow and white centers at the same time?

xyzzy

How do u solve the yellow and white centers at the same time?
"At the same time" is pretty vague, so let's break that down.

Are you asking about finding something close to the most move-efficient way of solving F2C (first two centres) during inspection? Then the answer is that nobody does that, except when they get ridiculously lucky scrambles (e.g. centre skip).

Are you asking about finding a not-necessarily-efficient solution to F2C during inspection? I'm not sure if anyone actually does this reliably, but if they do, it's usually by solving one face + one bar mentally, then tracking the two remaining pieces and solving those.

tnk351

My mofangge 4x4's center "T" pieces keeps shooting itself away from the puzzle. How do I fix it?

xyzzy

My mofangge 4x4
There are like three of those; do you mean the Wuque, the Thunderclap 4, the Sail 4, or something else?

Anyway, tighten your cube or turn less aggressively (or do both). Internal pops were incredibly rare on my (nonmagnetic) Wuque even when I had it on loose tensions.

tnk351

There are like three of those; do you mean the Wuque, the Thunderclap 4, the Sail 4, or something else?

Anyway, tighten your cube or turn less aggressively (or do both). Internal pops were incredibly rare on my (nonmagnetic) Wuque even when I had it on loose tensions.
Qiyi sail.
Good idea, but will that reduce my speed?

xyzzy

Qiyi sail.
Good idea, but will that reduce my speed?
Honestly, that's a pretty old cube and it's probably a good idea to just upgrade to some modern cube (Aosu GTS, Wuque, Thunderclap) instead of trying to make a bad cube slightly less bad by messing with tensions.

tnk351

Honestly, that's a pretty old cube and it's probably a good idea to just upgrade to some modern cube (Aosu GTS, Wuque, Thunderclap) instead of trying to make a bad cube slightly less bad by messing with tensions.
Thanks.

dboeren

I just upgraded from my original Aosu to an Aosu GTS M and it's massively better. Not sure about the Aosu GTS M vs. Wuque M comparison, I just got the one that was on sale :)

If you don't want to learn Yau, you can do freeslice and learn to solve multiple edges at once, look up 323 edge pairing. Or you can do Meyer, which is basically the Roux version of Yau (it's pretty similar).