• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Welsh Open 2018 (UK)

Alex B71

A few questions lads. Is anyone going to this that can drink? Is yes, do you know of any good pubs around the area and would you like to meet up beforehand? Either way look forward to finally putting some faces to the names.

3x3: Forgot to get a good avg in one of the rounds
2x2: Bad
4x4: Terrible, 1 sub 50 single
5x5: 1:22 single is good rest was bad
6x6: I'm slowly getting slower
7x7: Didn't even make cut probably because I used a new WuJi
3BLD: Decent single because I haven't practiced in a while
OH: Messed up way too much stuff
Mega: Pretty ridiculous PBs (lost several secs on the last one on corners)
Pyra: Not close to PB but the better avgs each round was nice
Skewb: All 3 rounds sub-former PB, can definitely reach goal this year
Square-1: Not great scrambles, last one was good for the scramble. (also I beat a second place avg that wasn't really easy to beat)
4BLD: Uhhhh maybe next comp

DYK:
  • I realised the Skewb scrambles were re-used when I got a scramble I judged Steven for
  • I only got 0.01 better than he did despite knowing the solution
  • Eli likes trying to destroy the integrity of the WCA by scrambling orange front
  • The school's motto should change the first two words to fit the last three (the tense? IDK)
  • The motto is also a really bad acrostic poem (or just Welsh?)
  • The venue ranks fairly well in ways to kill yourself
  • Everyone borrows a 7x7
  • The only round I missed was OH final by 1 place
  • I'm starting to doubt I ever got a sub-3 6x6 solve at home
  • No one can work out what the oldest UKNR is

joshsailscga

WCA
2014MORR01
  • I realised the Skewb scrambles were re-used when I got a scramble I judged Steven for
  • I only got 0.01 better than he did despite knowing the solution
I assume you reported that and got another solve. Otherwise you probably shouldn't be stating that on the forum...
Nice that it was a memorable comp though.

Shaky Hands

Premium Member
WCA
2015NICH04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I assume you reported that and got another solve. Otherwise you probably shouldn't be stating that on the forum...
Nice that it was a memorable comp though.

I believe it was different groups and the scrambles from the previous group were being used briefly until realised, at which point the round was restarted with correct scrambles.

It's my 3BLD single and Ryan Jones's clock single, right? http://wcadb.net/?region=United+Kingdom&gender=all

Not sure who was first as I can't find the schedule, probably Ryan. :)

There are two older than those

At the comp, we (or most people) thought Rob had got Mega NR single, which is the oldest NR, so then people were seeing which NR was the next oldest, which would be your Multi (and not 3BLD/Clock like some people thought). But then it turned out Rob never actually got NR single.