• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What are Some Cubing Apps You Want to See?

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi! I'm a software developer (currently on vacation), and I've been looking for ideas to make when I get home in a few days. What are some ideas you would want to see become a reality? There's no bar set, so ideas can be anything from a visible scrambler to a "Just as the SD card runs out simulator" game. Thanks!

efattah

Tons of things are needed.

1. Method of generating algorithms that automatically generates RrUM or LlUM without having to use complex spreadsheet filters
2. Method of forcing cube explorer to allow slice moves but only M slice and not E or S
3. Custom scramble generator that actually WORKS, that allows you to generate scrambles for partial sections of the cube (existing ones don't work for many situations)
4. Algorithm generator that has 'A.I.' to calculate how 'finger trick friendly' an algorithm is
5. Algorithm generator that can cause rotations to be part of the algorithm, i.e. the cube ends up naturally rotated at the end of the algorithm without actually doing any rotations
There's more, I can't recall all right now.

#4 especially. The number of hours cubers spend trying to find replacement algorithms for 'bad' cases is ridiculous and even then there are better 'unknown' solutions that haven't been found.

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel

1. Method of generating algorithms that automatically generates RrUM or LlUM without having to use complex spreadsheet filters
2. Method of forcing cube explorer to allow slice moves but only M slice and not E or S
3. Custom scramble generator that actually WORKS, that allows you to generate scrambles for partial sections of the cube (existing ones don't work for many situations)
4. Algorithm generator that has 'A.I.' to calculate how 'finger trick friendly' an algorithm is
5. Algorithm generator that can cause rotations to be part of the algorithm, i.e. the cube ends up naturally rotated at the end of the algorithm without actually doing any rotations

#4 especially. The number of hours cubers spend trying to find replacement algorithms for 'bad' cases is ridiculous and even then there are better 'unknown' solutions that haven't been found.

Interesting! For #4, what basis would I go off of for fingertrick friendliness? A lot of R/L turns require the entire hand (for me at least) so could I partially use that as a basis?

Also, I don't understand what RrUM and LlUM means. Is that just 3x3 notation or something else?

Thanks!

FJT97

WCA
2012THIE01
Interesting! For #4, what basis would I go off of for fingertrick friendliness? A lot of R/L turns require the entire hand (for me at least) so could I partially use that as a basis?

Thanks!
I would take regripping as a basis. For example to see if the algorithm has more than two R turns before there is an R'. If so, you would need to regrip. And of course it shouldn't be many B turns or wide turns or rotations. But: Sometimes rotations aren't that bad for algs. I don't think theres an alg generator out there which includes rotations as a thing to make the algorithm nicer, that would be cool.

WCA
2017WARR04
YouTube
Visit Channel
What about an alg calculator? I've noticed that when people come up with new ideas for methods they often don't know how many cases or algs are needed . It might be something as simple as entering how many corners and edges need to be solved. But I'm sure it would help out!☺ ☺ ☺

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel

LlUM means left, wide left, up and middle and RrUM means right, wide right, up, middle.
Only those faces are turned during the algorithm

Teoidus

Alg Explorer might be good for you.