• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Twisting The Corners to Solve a Puzzle

GarethBert11

WCA
2017PURB01
I was wondering if I have a headlights case on 3x3 that could solve the entire puzzle by twisting 2 corners to solve it. Is it consider as solve or DNF? And is it legal to do that?

P.S It might be questioned before so pardon me.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
5b2) Any repair to a puzzle must not give the competitor any advantage in solving the puzzle. Penalty: disqualification of the attempt (DNF).
  • 5b3c) If the puzzle is unsolvable, and can be made solvable by rotating a single corner piece, the competitor may correct the corner piece by twisting it in place without disassembling the puzzle.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can twist at most ONE corner during a solve, but you can only do this if a corner was accidentally twisted earlier (because the cube would then be in an unsolvable position). If you try to take advantage of this rule (such as by purposefully corner twisting earlier in the solve to allow for you to do it again later), you will be DNFed.

EntireTV

As previous posters have mentioned this is illegal and don't try or you will have a bad reputation.

GarethBert11

WCA
2017PURB01
Not legal

5b2) Any repair to a puzzle must not give the competitor any advantage in solving the puzzle. Penalty: disqualification of the attempt (DNF).
  • 5b3c) If the puzzle is unsolvable, and can be made solvable by rotating a single corner piece, the competitor may correct the corner piece by twisting it in place without disassembling the puzzle.

It's considered an illegal move.
Can however twist a corner to repair an accidental corner twist.

You can twist at most ONE corner during a solve, but you can only do this if a corner was accidentally twisted earlier (because the cube would then be in an unsolvable position). If you try to take advantage of this rule (such as by purposefully corner twisting earlier in the solve to allow for you to do it again later), you will be DNFed.

As previous posters have mentioned this is illegal and don't try or you will have a bad reputation.

A cop told me once, "It ain't a crime 'til you're caught."

Thx Guys! Thank god I don't get that case in my first comp lol :p