• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lightake - Always Best Cubes with Best Price, Try now!

Lightake.com

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ordered 2 cubes from the Lightake US Warehouse, paying the higher prices that entails, so I could get faster shipping. Got an email from them with my tracking info. Much to my surprise, the tracking said the order was still coming from China! When I contacted Lightake about the issue, their response was "oops, hope you don't mind waiting a few extra days". Actually, YEAH, I DO MIND. That's kinda the whole reason I selected the US Warehouse, ya know?

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for my cubes to get here. Needless to say, right now I am not a big fan of Lightake or their service.
so sorry for the delay, since there's error on our shipping information, your order did ship from US warehouse, but update wrong tracking number by error. our colleagues are solving the problem. hope you understand. pls contact us if any problem. thank you so much.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
so sorry for the delay, since there's error on our shipping information, your order did ship from US warehouse, but update wrong tracking number by error. our colleagues are solving the problem. hope you understand. pls contact us if any problem. thank you so much.
You'll forgive me if I don't believe you.

And I *HAVE* contacted you. You ignored my last contact.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
LOL. Your customer service sent me the same tracking number again, again showing shipping from China.

You owe me money.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
LOL. Your customer service sent me the same tracking number again, again showing shipping from China.

You owe me money.
I ended up filing a claim with Paypal over this issue and got the partial refund I requested, so matter resolved.

NOTE: For having been shipped from China, shipping time on my order was very quick. The order arrived in good packaging and was correct. I would not hesitate to order again from Lightake so long as I know which warehouse it's shipping from!

phreaker

@Tabe I just had a similar thing happen. All objects ordered from USA warehouse. Declined a FREE ITEM so I could get shipping from the USA warehouse. Oh, now it is shipping from China after taking ~2-3 days to even ship at all!

Any advice on the best way to handle it with PayPal, to deal with the "bait and switch" before I call my CC company and talk to them about it?

@Lightake.com : I use your service to get shipping from the USA, if I specify USA warehouse. I want my items faster than all the other Hong Kong stores! Offering me $3 in POINTS that doesn't even cover the difference in the prices, never mind the free item, I ALSO declined, is ABSURD. Don't insult me ONTOP of messing up my order!

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
@Tabe I just had a similar thing happen. All objects ordered from USA warehouse. Declined a FREE ITEM so I could get shipping from the USA warehouse. Oh, now it is shipping from China after taking ~2-3 days to even ship at all!

Any advice on the best way to handle it with PayPal, to deal with the "bait and switch" before I call my CC company and talk to them about it?
What I did was wait for my order to actually arrive, then filed a claim with Paypal. When I did that, there was an option that was NOT "I didn't get my item" - forget what it was. Then I was able to ask for a partial refund, which I did. A couple days later, I got the refund I asked for.

phreaker

What I did was wait for my order to actually arrive, then filed a claim with Paypal. When I did that, there was an option that was NOT "I didn't get my item" - forget what it was. Then I was able to ask for a partial refund, which I did. A couple days later, I got the refund I asked for.

How much refund did you ask for, if you don't mind my asking?

There's a "Significantly Not as Described" category, is that what you used?

Lightake.com

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey I placed an order on 18/05/17 from the Chinese warehouse and it's still marked as processing. Order# Q1705180400024 Any updates you can give me?
hi, sorry for the delay since the GTS 2M restock befpre and we off office for the Dragon Boat Festival in China severl days. don't worry your order ships today and tracking number will update soon.

Lightake.com

YouTube
Visit Channel

@Lightake.com : I use your service to get shipping from the USA, if I specify USA warehouse. I want my items faster than all the other Hong Kong stores! Offering me $3 in POINTS that doesn't even cover the difference in the prices, never mind the free item, I ALSO declined, is ABSURD. Don't insult me ONTOP of messing up my order!
hi, pls contact us [email protected] or [email protected] if any problem, we'll offer you best solution. Thank you.

phreaker

hi, pls contact us [email protected] or [email protected] if any problem, we'll offer you best solution. Thank you.

i did write [email protected], when I first noticed the issue that my order shipped from the wrong warehouse. My last letter to them was not replied to, when I said their offer was not adequate. $3, doesn't even cover the "gift" I turned down, because I wanted USA shipping! Never mind the 2 weeks late...

phreaker

i did write [email protected], when I first noticed the issue that my order shipped from the wrong warehouse. My last letter to them was not replied to, when I said their offer was not adequate. $3, doesn't even cover the "gift" I turned down, because I wanted USA shipping! Never mind the 2 weeks late...

Well your "service" replied, and DESPITE a clear mail saying I wouldn't accept that resolution. They assumed I accepted it, and posted it to my account.

Nice try, but it is cheap, and doesn't even cover the lack of a gift etc. Sorry... I'll take it to Pay Pal, along with the documentation.

Also... If you say you will give points per $ of order... and you don't. That's also bad. I've never been credited a single "lightake point" besides these, and I've placed enough in orders.

Last edited:

mitja

WCA
2016POPO02
Is your service ever answering?
I wrote them this:
"hi I am asking about my order Q1705260000003. It is 6 days and i payed DHL express, so I ask why it hasn’t shipped yet?"
regards