• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Wisconsin Cubing Group

Yes group or no group

• yes

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • no

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Fear

I hope April. March would be harder for me, and it's getting pretty close.

Edit: also mid-ish March relatively nearby we've got ISU, MCC, and Dixon comps.

I don't know, I guess we'll find out. Gotta qualify in something though to go to nats :).

JackJ

WCA
2009JOHN05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm curious about all you new guys. I'm a real old timer, been cubing since 2008, currently going to college in Whitewater but originally from Wisconsin Dells area. I've been kind of inactive on the forums for the past couple of years and am really shocked by how many WI cubers there are now. Last time I checked, there were like 5 all time and only like 3 active ones.

Are any of you guys adults? I'm 21. And approx where do you guys live currently?

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I'm 29. Got my first cube almost two years ago now as a birthday present for my 28th birthday. I have a dairy farm 10 miles north of Seneca, 15 miles south of Viroqua.

aybuck37

WCA
2015BUCK03
I'm curious about all you new guys. I'm a real old timer, been cubing since 2008, currently going to college in Whitewater but originally from Wisconsin Dells area. I've been kind of inactive on the forums for the past couple of years and am really shocked by how many WI cubers there are now. Last time I checked, there were like 5 all time and only like 3 active ones.

Are any of you guys adults? I'm 21. And approx where do you guys live currently?
St. Louis

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I hope April. March would be harder for me, and it's getting pretty close.

Edit: also mid-ish March relatively nearby we've got ISU, MCC, and Dixon comps.
MCC and ISU are far enough away I think. Dixon is the only one that potentially could interfere with them.
Walker said they would be in Madison or Milwaukee. It might change though.

Nope, I'm still in high school. And I'm from Illinois.
I learned to solve the cube mid summer-2015, got down to low 30 by thanksgiving. Mid 20 by feburary, then promptly switched to ZZ. Got sub-20 during the early summer, pushed it to about high 16 by late august, and failed to get a good average twice. Broke both Feet SRs at Michigan 2016 without realizing it. Got faster, picked up mega and the BLDs.
Broke Feet SRs again at MCC alpha, and the mean at the recent WW2017.

Fear

I might go to ISU if the wisconsin comp isn't around that time. As for the questions on age, I'm 16 and live in central wisconsin as well. Started cubing in august, and I'm really hoping to get sub 20 within the next week or two.

YouTube
Visit Channel

lol, I'm only 14 i live in sun prairie also, how do u find out about unofficial comps?

Confucius

Is this competition in March a for sure thing? I would definitely be going. What about you guys? It would be fun to meet some cubers from Wisconsin.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Is this competition in March a for sure thing? I would definitely be going. What about you guys? It would be fun to meet some cubers from Wisconsin.

Technically it would have to be in the last half of March now, since according to WCA regulations it has to be announced 2 weeks ahead of time, and usually they announce further ahead than that. Last year there was a comp in Madison the last weekend of April. I'm guessing that's when we're looking at.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I'd like to, but I'm waiting for one a little closer than 4 hours. It's a great event list and pretty generous time limits, so it's especially disappointing, but this is a very busy time of year, too.

Fear

So what's the status on the next wisconsin comp? Anyone have ideas? I have gotta get a 3x3 avg in to qualify for nats, and also meet up with some of you guys again.