• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TheCubicle.us - High Quality Puzzles, Custom-Cut Stickers, Premium Lubricants & More!

DTCuber

I run a number of online businesses. I can tell you that if I used a carrier service that I knew was broken, inefficient and consistently did not meet their delivery times I PROMISED I would OBVIOUSLY stop using them.

It's my business I'm responsible for who I contract to deliver parcels. If your national post service does not do a good job employ a private courier service. I've checked and done the maths and for the postage they charge and delivery times they quote it looks as though you are receiving a private courier service (clearly you are not). You can likely charge less postage if you are dealing in volume. We can assume that the Cubicle.Us does some volume unless all of the customer service emails the owner has claimed they are so busy with are ALL COMPLAINTS.

Royal Mail is not a courier service it's the national postal system for the UK. If you sent the item via an independent courier service it would bypass Royal Mail and there would be consistent tracking. Again by using the same old tired delivery method it causes further failure.

You stated you emailed them and did not hear back from them for 3 days and you're ok with that! I sent them three emails and was ignored and NEVER received a response. Most online business will respond within 24 hours. In fact it's the expected norm. Don't take my word for it here is a survey conducted by Harvard Business Review’s on response times.

37% of online businesses responded within an hour.
16% responded within 1-24 hours
24% took more than 24 hours - The Cubicle in your experience.
23% never responded at all - The Cubicle in my experience.

It seems ridiculous to me that:

1. You would praise a business that uses an inefficient delivery service knowing full well that it's problematic (by your own definition) and recommend it to others. Even though the postage you paid via the cubicle would cover a more efficient postage service. Instead it obviously goes into their pocket.

2. You would except a response time longer than 3 days from a customer service department (you had not even received one at the 3 day stage) and would recommend other people to use this service as if ignoring you for 3 days was helpful. Most helpful businesses striving to assist customers can within one hour (the companies worth recommending) or at least 24 hours (also worth recommending). The remaining companies from the survey either dont bother to respond (my experience or respond in a time frame which pretty much unhelpful - Your experience). Recommend away!

Everybody has their own expectations. Your's are that receiving a parcel over the estimated delivery time and being unable to track it combined with a customer service who will not respond for at least 72 hours (or in my case not at all) is a recommended experience. People like yourself should continue to use them. Please don't come on here though and make out that everything is ok just because your expectations of delivery and customer service are so low.

I still have not received my parcel (of course). I cant track it (like yourself). I have emailed them again 3 days ago and have not received a response (of course) they must be busy with all those emails (not complaints (that's sarcasm for people outside of the UK)).

The entire experience with the Cubicle can be summed up with the owners (or what looks like the owner by the way he wrote 'we') response above in regards to working previously in customer service. 'Thank goodness I don't deal with that anymore'.

Nice.
Completely agreed. That's why I only shop here.

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
I run a number of online businesses. I can tell you that if I used a carrier service that I knew was broken, inefficient and consistently did not meet their delivery times I PROMISED I would OBVIOUSLY stop using them.
A few people moaning is not sufficient evidence that they are 'consistently' failing, is it? Also, nobody really promises delivery times, do they? I'm genuinely interested - do you promise delivery times in your online businesses, or just estimate based on average max/min delivery times?

But yeah, in the UK there are several private couriers who do a better job than Royal Mail (who do have their own courier service, ParcelForce) and at a lower price. I don't personally use Royal Mail (or ParcelForce) for packages, but I don't run several online businesses, just occasional eBaying. I'd imagine TheCubicle could get a good deal for a better service than what they're getting, if the number of complaints is sufficient to make them address their choice of couriers.

You stated you emailed them and did not hear back from them for 3 days and you're ok with that! I sent them three emails and was ignored and NEVER received a response. Most online business will respond within 24 hours...
Yeah, I'm fine with 3 days. I have cancer, my priorities in life are clearly not the same as most people's. But you are clearly in a different boat (i.e. having no response whatsoever). I'm not sure what the staffing structure is like at TheCubicle, but perhaps they need to dedicate more manpower to customer service, or hire more staff if they're struggling with demand.

Take a look at my post, what I actually say and recommend is that TheCubicle is "the top cubing shop in the world bar none in terms of stock availability and choice". For me, not being able to track my package is something that I'm used to with international shipping, and waiting a bit for a response from an email is an unfortunate down-side. I never say that they're perfect, and you're clearly very upset with them. I'm not here to defend them, and I clearly acknowledge the courier issues in my earlier post.

Unless there has been some restructuring, I don't think @4Chan is the owner. Phil Yu used to be the owner, I think (asmallkitten - no longer on the forum, but he's on YouTube, and his channel describes TheCubicle as "my store" [sic]).

I'll say it again, I'm not here to defend them, just wondering why there's so much SHOUTING and hate recently. Personally, I like TheCubicle, and would continue to use them regardless of their choice of courier, and terrible response times to emails. Per my earlier post, that's because they have the best puzzle selection and choice. But then if I never received a response to my email (I have now, by the way), and never received my cubes, I'd probably be a little more upset. Not much, just a little. Like I said earlier, my priorities are somewhat different to others. If an email doesn't get a response in a week, or if my cubes take a month to get here, it's not the end of the world for me.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I believe that in the US, USPS is the cheapest option for mailing most packages. If you want to upgrade in terms of speed or reliability you can pay more, either for upgraded USPS service or for a private carrier such as UPS or FedEx, but in my experience the private carriers' budget service really isn't an improvement on USPS, and they often transfer to USPS for final delivery anyway. I don't believe that TheCubicle offers upgraded shipping, and if they do most upgraded shipping I've looked at is prohibitively expensive. Do you really want to pay an extra $40 to get a $20 cube the next day?

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
How is this incorrect?

What? The natural English would be "his store". Sic is a Latin abbreviation for "sic erat scriptum", indicating that the words have been lifted directly from the source, rather than adapted. Sic does not in any way imply that the source material is incorrect.

Anyway, back on topic???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dom
Regarding the giveaway of premium puzzles, is there a choice of puzzle colour and sticker shades for winners? or just sticker shades but the cubes only have one color?

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I ordered 10 Qiyi Warrior Ws on Saturday. They arrived today.
The cubes are great, but one of the centers came without a spring.

Oh no! Sometimes things like that happen
Send customer service a picture (or PM me), and we/I can fix it for you!

Regarding the giveaway of premium puzzles, is there a choice of puzzle colour and sticker shades for winners? or just sticker shades but the cubes only have one color?

Usually both!

RubiksSolver

I recently contacted them saying I want 1x1 diy kits because disassembly and re-assembly takes a long time. Will I get in trouble for this?

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently contacted them saying I want 1x1 diy kits because disassembly and re-assembly takes a long time. Will I get in trouble for this?

Yes. Asking thecubicle.us a question like this is a serious matter that should not be taken lightly. Recently, someone e-mailed them asking for a Cubicle Premium Screwdriver, and they were permanently banned from the WCA, fined $10,000, and imprisoned for thirty years.

Just kidding, don't worry about it. :p

willfcc

Shengshou Teraminx ordered. Will you be making stickers? I'm sorta crazy that way…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RubiksSolver

Yes. Asking thecubicle.us a question like this is a serious matter that should not be taken lightly. Recently, someone e-mailed them asking for a Cubicle Premium Screwdriver, and they were permanently banned from the WCA, fined $10,000, and imprisoned for thirty years.

Just kidding, don't worry about it. :p
No offense but to make it more believable I would've just put banned for WCA, not he went to prison for 30 years XD